• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Where are they?

pipeous

the timing you get them will be perfect for me :D

I can't wait. well I can cuz I'll have to build a shelf in here for it before they arrive lol

lowtek

Got mine today

My rally car arrived today from RampageHopUps. Got a good price. Here's are quick first impressions review.

PRO:

Well packed from factory, I've had other brands come well destroyed.

Came with servos and no radio, YEAH, I've had no luck with the supplied radios and would have tossed it anyway. This may have contributed to the good price.

Came with a fail safe unit, didn't expect that.

Chassis well assembled, no obvious loose/missing parts.

Body looks fine, nice wing

Tires are like Grandma's taffy compared to the rocks I have on my other car.

CON:

Not for the neophyte. Some engine/brake linkage assemble required; and you will be working from exploded views in the manual; no written instructions.

Pretty skimpy on fuel lines to carb. Mine are pulled tight against muffler and the main line is kinked where it attaches to the carb. I'll be splicing in some additional line before I fire engine.

No instructions for the fail safe unit, or any mention of it.

Body has a hole in windshield for antenna. Would be nice to leave it for the buyer to decide. ( yes, this is nit picking )

Steering has about 1/8 free play on the side furthest from the servo. Diagrams show bushings in the connecting link but I'll have to take the front apart to find out why there's so much play. But overall the assembly was good.

Would expect to see some type of debris guard around bevel gears on main drive shaft.

RichK

AKA Lowtek

monsterman

My Rally has landed as well 8)

Out of the box I was really impressed with all the Ano parts.. The body was really decent looking although I agree the hole in the windsheild should have been left out..

I don't think the stock tires will last to long on the tarmac! I wonder if we can get some FG's to fit the rims or does anyone know of any other rim/tire combo out there that is a direct bolt on?

My Rally was missing the Manual, Throttle/Brake Linkage but RampageHopUpsis taking care of me 8) "Thanks 8)" I pulled the stock fuel tubing right away and replaced it with Tygon. I am going to toss the fail safe and install a Pb2themax modded kill switch/fail safe. Also going to slap in some new servos right off the bat. Will be running my Airtronics FHSS as well. And I think a TGN X Can is in order to replace that stock can muffler. I am going to drop the clear body off to my buddy this weekend and hopefully will get it back sometime next week.

lowtek

Try tire/rim combo from XRC. I just checked to see if they fit. Their harder; cheaper. If you hunt around you can find a set of 4 for about $75; or worst case $25 each.

LowTek

monsterman said:
My Rally has landed as well 8)
[snip]

I don't think the stock tires will last to long on the tarmac! I wonder if we can get some FG's to fit the rims or does anyone know of any other rim/tire combo out there that is a direct bolt on?

[snip].

monsterman

Thanks for the info I talked to RampageHopups he and I both think the FG Rims will fit will find out tomorrow as a buddy of mine has an FG On Road.

lowtek

RE FG rims

Let us know if this works

LowTek

monsterman said:
Thanks for the info I talked to RampageHopups he and I both think the FG Rims will fit will find out tomorrow as a buddy of mine has an FG On Road.

monsterman

biggiecamp said:
I'm very curious as to whether or not the FG tire/wheel combo will fit as well.
I've installed PB Kilswitches as well. Very much preferred to the factory failsafe.

The factory T/B servos didn't last long at all. Have already replaced them.
Yep the FG Rims/Tires fit like a glove!! I've been told to be sure and get the "Sticky Tires & Hard Compounds" :D

deathrowtoll

Monsterman,

Check this thread in which I participated some months back.

The thread talks about what can be used for the New Rampage On-Road cars.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=869

I recently received the On-Road car and in fact all the settings I mentioned in the thread are true. The On-Road car is really solid and surprisingly enough the stock tires are quite good; the stock tires will not outperform the Kronos/Eclipse 1/5 touring tires, but they definitely outperform the HPI Tarmacs, BRP,s and any HPI class slick tires.

I kept the 23 stock motor, have added the DDM side pipe (after some custom modifications), 8K clutch spring, installed the Kronos tires, changed the servos and made the changes mentioned in the thread and the car is a rocket ship. It works really well in a 1/8 scale course where I practice.

It performs as well as my MCD Rally (same lap times) with a third of the cost. The key of this machine handling is in the setup and choice of tires. (but then again I guess that is true for all cars)

DRT.

lowtek

Dead;

Show us some pics on the DDM side pipe mods. :)

LowTek

deathrowtoll said:
I kept the 23 stock motor, have added the DDM side pipe (after some custom modifications), 8K clutch spring, installed the Kronos tires, changed the servos and made the changes mentioned in the thread and the car is a rocket ship. It works really well in a 1/8 scale course where I practice.

It performs as well as my MCD Rally (same lap times) with a third of the cost. The key of this machine handling is in the setup and choice of tires. (but then again I guess that is true for all cars)

DRT.

deathrowtoll

Lowtek,

I am in Houston right now, but I should be back in Denver this Friday, and I will post the pictures.

DRT.

deathrowtoll

Lowtek,Sorry, it took a while to get the photos, I had to go back to Houston without notice, but here are the pictures. Notice I used all standard hardware supplied by DDM. I only drilled and countersunk a single hole next to the Radio box. The mount is rather sturdy and should some punishment. The body and dual side standoff offer the extra protection needed. I hit most of my competition from behind as I pass them, so I am not worried at a side hit. (just Kidding)Two at a time:

SN850650.jpg

SN850651.jpg

/monthly_2009_07/SN850650.jpg.34babf8e2eeaa82e2089bad60465c555.jpg

/monthly_2009_07/SN850651.jpg.242971cf868c303efb4de0b041666e4a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

deathrowtoll

Lowtek,Next Five:

SN850661.jpg

SN850660.jpg

SN850659.jpg

SN850657.jpg

SN850656.jpg

/monthly_2009_07/SN850661.jpg.364e64c6b078949425cf3c7e00831c80.jpg

/monthly_2009_07/SN850660.jpg.6d3af2bf99129919eea6cf3d596d8b48.jpg

/monthly_2009_07/SN850659.jpg.343dbaca62e99ec0e3d4bdb393d9862b.jpg

/monthly_2009_07/SN850657.jpg.d6b97abc022bd26ce41c24fb9acb5554.jpg

/monthly_2009_07/SN850656.jpg.a262ced32b9ba28afe28937a7ec3ce85.jpg

deathrowtoll

Lowtek,Last four:

SN850655.jpg

SN850654.jpg

SN850666.jpg

SN850665.jpg

/monthly_2009_07/SN850655.jpg.7ecaea6cc9d2be30e4899d46df3b9a6f.jpg

/monthly_2009_07/SN850654.jpg.6ba2a28b3a1f6a651607a36ccaeb9702.jpg

/monthly_2009_07/SN850666.jpg.0ff41ca727926bd5eb149e1f81fea0bf.jpg

/monthly_2009_07/SN850665.jpg.ca2913df0bedf72ba16f84e2c3c0a871.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.