• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Wheel stripped :(

bobvic1217

The hex plastic part on my rear tire stripped...now I got 3 wheel drive! I ordered the baja adapters from rampagehopups... now can anyone recommend wheels and tires for my XT? And perhaps a link on how to put tires on the wheels for when I order new ones? Thanks to all! Again! :)

bobvic1217

Also, does anyone know when redcat will start selling the spacer/bushings for the front steering as an Item by themselves?

bobvic1217

adapters

Those rampage xt to baja adapters i ordered... do those fit tires and wheels made for baja 5T? 5B? 5SC?

bobvic1217

So many questions! lol

My stock tires outer diameter is roughly 4.2 wide by 7 height... What tires would be comparable for the baja adapters? I don't see alot of the stock rampage size...

Deluge

bobvic1217 said:
The hex plastic part on my rear tire stripped...now I got 3 wheel drive! I ordered the baja adapters from rampagehopups... now can anyone recommend wheels and tires for my XT? And perhaps a link on how to put tires on the wheels for when I order new ones? Thanks to all! Again! :)
I believe these are all your tire and wheel options.

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/sc.12/category.37354/.f

Also, does anyone know when redcat will start selling the spacer/bushings for the front steering as an Item by themselves?
You can probably find them at your local hardware store.

Those rampage xt to baja adapters i ordered... do those fit tires and wheels made for baja 5T? 5B? 5SC?
Yes.

My stock tires outer diameter is roughly 4.2 wide by 7 height... What tires would be comparable for the baja adapters? I don't see alot of the stock rampage size...
You're not going to find anything that's the same size as the stock tire/wheel. Unless you try and run some FG monster truck tires/wheels, but I don't know how reliable it would be and that would pretty much make the Baja adapters useless. Your best bet is Baja/Aftermarket Baja rear wheels all the way around with your choice of tire.

bobvic1217

Thank you

Thank you so much... I was headed for the bowties too! You just solidified my purchase. Thank you so much... as far as the bushing/spacers for the front steering, I have exhausted my 2 home depots in my area in the plumbing section. About every 20 minutes, Im losing a screw and bushing somewhere. It just falls out. Yes, I locktite them.. I just cant seem to keep them in. I am using the GunMetal Sterring mount assembly.

DemonRC

I've seen the XT running with Excavators and Trenchers and was impressed. Trenchers are a little to tall and narrow for my tastes. I'd lean toward the Excavators. You can also go with rear Bowties all the way around. Bowties are slightly smaller in diameter but they will handle better. You'll handle more like a truggy than a MT with them.

DemonRC

fluxn81 said:
I plan to run front bow ties. I'm hoping it'll be a good setup.
That's what I'm running on that vid you just saw. IMAG0077.jpg

/monthly_2011_05/IMAG0077.jpg.282dde8b05c62c8bc048be084c4ddf93.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts