• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What wt oil are you using in the shocks?

mooman007uk

Banned
just about to do the c-clip to washer shaft mod and rebuild the shocks, think I'll turn the shafts upside down like gas jockey did for now rather than grind them down.

I'm using ramtech 20% springs, the oil in them now looks like 30wt but may be too thin...i was thinking more like 50-60

Gas Jocky

Julian, 40wt sil shock oil works great, did yours come with c-clips on the shock shafts or washers? if you got the washers i would say take the time now and go for grinding down the Phatdad shafts to accept the stock washers. I haven't had one shaft bend break or leak since I modded mine.... and I USE my truck at least two tanks a week even with a foot plus of snow "cack" on the ground. :)

mooman007uk

Banned
I got the washers, haven't ordered the phatdads yet, i thought the stockers came with c clips and needed to be done...saves a job.

I think i'll get the bajampage kit with the adjustable pistons from Rob in Van when he gets and sends my ramtech steel gears beginning of jan along with some mcd gears.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts