• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What would you order w/ your 1st Rampage MT

Gee

Contributor
What parts would you order along with your first Rampage MT5 V3 truck to keep the downtime to a minimum? Even to know what kind of items some of you keep on hand to keep the fun rolling along would be a great help. Thanks

pipeous

spare arms and shock shafts/ends are handy to keep on hand, spare spark plugs, extra wheel nuts

Rondog

Depending on the size of your battery, maybe get one with a larger capacity?

I've seen a couple guys going from 2K to 4K mAh.

;)

krashkrieg

Contributor
pipeous said:
spare arms and shock shafts/ends are handy to keep on hand, spare spark plugs, extra wheel nuts
I'd like to amend Pipeous' statement by saying the Upper arms and the ones that break real easily...Shock shaft/ ends were a problem with V2 (they're thicker now) and the wheel nuts with V3 are now knurled so they really don't back out.

Rob says T/B servo and I would add steering servos to that list...it seems very few have had them last more than a gallon or so...

For performance increase start thinking about a new exhaust....it makes a hUge difference.

pipeous

I always have a bag of wheel nuts. after you put them on and take them off a couple times, the nyloc wears out.

Basically it's good to have spares of anything that is most likely to break when you wipe out, hit a tree/fence/wall, parked car LOL, or wear parts like gears, arms, hinge pins etc. downtime sucks. everytime I place an order, I like to order extra bits that I don't need just to have on hand. it's hard when you own a bunch of different models stocking parts, but worth it in the long run.

DemonRC

Personally, I would replace the throttle/brake servo and install a killswitch before I would even turn it on. You can run with that as a bare minimum.

As for upgrades you will most likely need new gears after a few runs if you don't vent the gear cover. They will melt. Get some metal gears as fast as you can. The aluminum gear plate is a good functional and bling upgrade but you can run without it if you had to. Don't bother with the engine just get yourself a good pipe at first. There are plenty of threads here talking about pipes. Rob, the forum owner, said to get the aluminum gear plate. I second that. After that I would pick up extra suspension arms and front knuckles.

PISTOL PETE

steering servos,throttle brake servo,mcd 30/30 gears. take your time and look it over well for loose missing screws or e-clips,torque your wheels a few times at first. don't be afraid to ask for advise we have all been there

jackson

very helpful

i can't stop reading all the threads here!

everyday learning something new!

thanks to you guys advice my cat is up and runing again

as for my next 1/5 scale before even start the beast, i'd go

with killswitch, new controler, pipe and i would have a bigbore kit in hand in case i decide to go with the extra power!

to bad i am always out of money hahahah!

DemonRC

jackson said:
to bad i am always out of money hahahah!
That's one problem we all have that we don't have a fix for. Maybe the next presidential election will bring an upgrade in with a money hopup.

Gee

Contributor
Thanks for all the input fellows, some good recommendations.

I have a Meilke Side Mount Pipe here I am going to use until more play money comes in then I will get a CPI. I have a couple other motors to play with also. Have the Big Bore Kit installed on the motor that came with the 5b ss kit and also a Zen 270 on the 5b now. I already had a SFL-10 servo I picked up one more to save some upfront costs for now. Will be using the Futaba 4pk/rf604 rx with it and I have a Battle Switch to hook up in it. Have a few choices for the throttle servo. Should I go with speed or power for it? I will search and see what has been recommended in the other threads.

I am ordering the V3 tomorrow. Then will order some spare parts once Rob gives me a discount code. I have gotten my list together. Going to get some items that should hold me over for a while.

V3 Front & Rear Shock shafts

Universal Drive Joint (If I read correctly V3 comes with these installed in the front but dogbones in the rear.)

CVD Maint Kit,

Center Front & Rear dogbone,

Wheel Mount Plus Nut and Shaft,

Diff Gear Set V3,

Steel Gear Set.

The one thing I couldn't find at rampagehopups was the alum gear cover. I might be not looking for the right thing. Anyone know where it is that could give me a link to it.

Thanks again for the help.

Gee

Contributor
I don't know how many time I looked right at that. I was picturing a cover like the one that gets the holes drilled into to keep the gears cooler. Thanks for the help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts