• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What would cause this

Stygian

Banned
I loled so hard when I read leave the knock offs in china. I'm going to order one of the 990 carbs for $55 can't go wrong. That's a good idea about the exhaust I think I will call the in the morning and get them to send me a new exhaust

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

rampagemt

The 668 carb is nice with the choke but compared to the 990 zero lag and super easy starts. I don't know how anyone has problems with the 990 I mean mine starts on the 2nd pull and that's in 30 degree temps. 990 all the way:D

Chief409

My 990 has to be set to factory and then play with it to get the engine started when it's cold. After that tune and go. Just like a nitro. No problem with the Killer RC power start, but if I was pulling a rope the carb would be in the trash can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stygian

Banned
Update

I went to fire it up it started after a few pulls acted light it wasn't getting enough fuel then died and now can't get it to start again

Stygian

Banned
Also made sure it wasn't the gas cap and made sure it was vented and even left it off and still no luck I have a feeling the carb isn't delivering fuel to the engine

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
I think you might just need a carb. Is it flooded again?
Not flooded I had my wife hold the trigger down on the transmitter after letting it sit for 20 minutes one pull it fired up at full throttle stayed that way until letting off the throttle then it died right away

Stygian

Banned
No it was only 1 turn out I think rcdad is right and the carb is shot going ton call redcat

Stygian

Banned
Damnit go figure the 990 crab is out of stock on gizmomotors

Edit:

ordered a 990 carb from gizmomotors and should be here in a few weeks since it's out of stock in the mean time I'm going to pull the carb off my MT and see if I can get it to fire up with that carb

Stygian

Banned
RCDad, since I ordered a 990 carb and going to put it on my MT I put the MT carb on my XB with a little adjusting and what not I got it fired up and ran it for a bit before it died it at least starts now without having to hold down the throttle so you were right it was the carb. Going to call redcat and see if they will warranty it out.

Edit:

Just got off the phone with Redcat they are going to warranty out the carb and send me a new one.

G

Nice...

Hopefully you will get some use out of the replacement.

Stygian

Banned
Yeah, I just want the replacement to last long enough for both my 990s to come in. Also I messed with it more today it's running great just gotta tune it up a little more and it will be good to go. Happy that it's finally running again. Also those botie tires and wheels that you recommended to me are just sweet

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts