• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

what tools to buy?

volitan

Hi!

I just ordered my first rampage MT V2 today.What size of tools do I need for it and any special tools required?

Also what would be considered necessary upgrades?

Thanks

Derik

Gas Jocky

Your truck will come with a set of metric allen wrenchs. I'd suggest you rummage around the house for all those little tools you never use, start collecting screw drivers metric wrenchs etc. A good tool to invest in if you don't have one already is a dremel, very handy for cutting slots in those screws that won't come out, at times the factory goes overboard with loctite, in it seems all the wrong places lol!

Read the sticky for more info http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=25

volitan

Actually You sold it to me :)

What are the sizes on it for allen wrenches and nuts and bolts?

4,5,6 mm? So I can go pick up some nice tools for it:)

I know what you mean about locktite lol....my trex 600 nitro was loaded all over the place....Heat gun works wonders if its aluminum

I was gonna email you to ask you a few more questions but might as well ask em here,

So the mix is 25 to 1 right? 25 liters gaz to 1 liter of oil?

What's the best fuel for it? sunoco 94? or ethanol?...i also have access to 100LL aviation fuel too :)

as for setting up the dx3;

is there a setting for digital servo and regular servo? and what kind are they on the truck itself?

As for setting up the servos with the radio,do I just adjust the end points on the radio,servo reversing?

Thanks again for getting it in the mail that fast!!

Gas Jocky

allens range from 1.5 thru 5mm, and yup it's 25:1. Some guys go a bit leaner with their mix but I'm not going to tell you to lol! I don't think the spectrum has a digital only side to it, my Futaba does. Maybe someone can chime in and let volitan know for sure. The radio will come with instructions anyways and it has epa adjustments. The truck has analog servos.

DemonRC

Nice thing about Spektrum over Futaba is that you can run analog and digital.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts