• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

what tools/equipment

kryptonite

so im interested in what you guys take to the feild with you when bashing. like many, i come from nitro were we needed everything to do repairs and such. i quickly got out of that habbit. sometimes i take nothing but gas or i will fuel up all my rigs at the house and take nothing. if i plan on being gone all day i take alot of goodies, but latly have not liked doing feild repairs and will just fire up another rig instead of wrenching( :D ).. so what tools or spares do you bring?

for a short day:

-small allen key set

-wheel wrench

-tuning screw driver

-dog leash

-fuel bottle

for a long day i bring:

-plano box with tools/electronics(servo/batteries)

-plano box with old but usable spares. wheel nuts/dogbones/plastic/gears)

-trusty dog leash

-fuel bottle

-saw horses for pit table

do you have a full pit set-up that you bring? if so, post up a pic!! when i raced i had a complete set-up to work out of the back of my van.

forist

Contributor
When i go to bash I take as much as I can lol.... never know what will happen. Most the time tho its my tool box my TT and gas. My tool box has most all i need in it like 40 to 45 lbs of stuff in it. A few things that i have in it are....T handle allen set..red/blue lock tight..assorted screw drivers..2 diff size vicegrips..extra complete set A arms..shock oil..diff oil..extra electronics..diff size zipties (a must)..extra screws..extra batt pack for the TT , the batt pack in my radio is rechargeable but I have a pack u can put reg batts in to..there alot more in the tool box to much to list but u have an idea hehe. I have to drive about 35 mins to my buddys to run so have to take as much as i can.

pwaicon

Any time the cars go in the car so does my tool box, a box of spares for each car I take and my work stand. One time I went bashing and forgot my transmitters, so those are the first thing that goes in the car now. :)

Jasa B

not alot now as i don't run nitros much.

spare litre of fuel allen key wrenches,wheel wrench,12v bike battery with pro peak charger just in case few allen grub screws tie wraps that about it.

I find with Nitro everything in my toolbox..

hamster huey

First off bring if you can, bring 2 or more Rampages so if ones down you got another. Always freshly charge your batts so you don't need to lug around stuff for field charging. And always check your car over at the end of the day so next time you use it everything will be tight and unbroken. If you keep your cars in good shape thats less maintenance you have to do in the field too. These are the emergency tool I bring to keep em goin.

Loctite, wheel nut wrench, spark plug wrench, spark plugs, small flat tip for needles, the tool kit the car came with, extra wheel nuts. It all fits in a clear pencil box. Before my cars were bullitproof I needed a lot more but now this is it.

kryptonite

hamster huey said:
Before my cars were bullitproof I needed a lot more but now this is it.
ya, me too. most of the time i can fit my tools in my cargo pants pocket. but when i firsts started running the ramp i needed a good amount of tools to keep it going for a few tank. i'll change most parts in the feild, but i wont do a suspension arm. its a pain to get off if you have bolts thru the pin holders. my rigs really seem to be pretty solid now, so im less likly to take alot of stuff unless im staying out for the day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts