• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What reed case motor,obr, bzm, or scz?

DUFFY

Well I kinda want to try a reed case but im kinda torn...

all three are about the same price, im not a huge fan of obr any more because of a certain sponsored drivers childish attitude, my OBR did not seem to have 7 HP as well. That said my obr has unbreakable in the last 2 years, no rebuilds.

The bzm has some fit mint issues and parts seem out of stock, people said they had issues with them over heating...

The Chinese made SCZ looks great and has great numbers...that said its not proven at all. Kinda comes off as a clone of the bzm in looks a bit.

Would love to buy a TS reed case but they are pretty expensive. The other three are all at the same price just about with the Chinese one a bit cheaper..

I don't want any more piston ports I tried them all just about. The gizmo piston port top end is great. I could stick with what I got but the tracks are so short in the straights it seems a reed would just be better to just stop hard then blast out of turns rather than try and hold a speed as the U.S. tracks are made to wreck you more or less....

Silent_chaos

A friend of mine was not happy with his SCZ, he had to make an open heart motor surgery and remove Aluminum bits found inside.

I was looking for a reed motor as well, and I was about to get the OBR G320 Reed since I like to get the best, until I saw people from HBF and in facebook group were having issues with OBR motors in general. 90% of them love OBR but that 10% is just too unhappy and complaining which made me think twice.

2 weeks ago, I contacted Chris Bartolone, he's working on his G320 Reed motors and on the +2mm crank.

I have asked around and did more research, and it seems that nobody ever had problems with Bartolone Engines. And they prefer it over OBR since it's much more proven and delivers much more power.

I have seen youtube vids where literally Bartolone Engines scream. Their motor is really overpowered as they say it is.

So if you want to invest 800$ on a motor(around 100$ more expensive than OBR), i suggest you wait for the Bartolone 32cc reed and with that 2mm crank, it will be 34cc reed.

My vote goes to bartolone. I am currently waiting so I can drop one in the baja

see this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=466419860128319

Bartolone 30.5cc reed on a 5iveT. imagine what the 34cc can do

Last edited by a moderator:

DUFFY

ok thanks, I guess ill just wait, for bartolone to make his. I might call gizmo to see if they can make a reed case if they say no ill just have to save 200 more bucks.

Silent_chaos

DUFFY said:
ok thanks, I guess ill just wait, for bartolone to make his. I might call gizmo to see if they can make a reed case if they say no ill just have to save 200 more bucks.
this is their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/bartoloneRCracing

Try PMing them, they will respond.

Note that they have other Reed and Full Mod engines like the 29.5 and the 30.5cc much cheaper than the new G320 that they are currently testing.

DUFFY

called gizmo and they said no reed case, they will come out with the new 31.5cc what ever ported next order. I guess bartolone

Last edited by a moderator:

Silent_chaos

DUFFY said:
called gizmo and they said no reed case, they will become out with the new 31.5cc what ever ported next order. I guess bartolone
Bartolone is Top Notch. you'll be more than happy.

try and see this video 29.5cc Reed on sand:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.