• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What is the real weight on the TT and MT?

DemonRC

Ok the manual lists the following (2.204 conv factor from KG > lbs):

Net Weight

TT = 12 KG = 26.5 lbs

MT = 15 KG = 33 lbs

Gross Weight

TT = 16.9 KG = 37.25 lbs

MT = 20.5 KG = 45.18 lbs

So is the net weight just the car and the gross weight the entire shipped box or what? 26.5 lbs seems a little too light for the TT. My TT feels like 10 lbs heavier than my Baja. Anybody actually weigh these things fueled up?

jigawatt

My TT with HPI tires/wheels, side dom pipe, no fuel weighs in at 26.5 pounds.

Edit, that is WITH half a tank, my bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

I guess it's safe to presume a TT would be around 30ish then. I'm trying to think about how I can knock down the weight some. My first thought would be to trim off some meat off that fatass chassis. I wish I knew how to mill stuff. I would make a 6mm chassis plate that would be narrower than the stock with side kickups and then mill the inside out like race chassis's you see on the high end 1/8 scales.

jigawatt

26.5 isn't that much when you consider that a Baja 5B weighs about 21.5 pounds. 5 pound difference and we can still kick their ass, up and down the street!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.