• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What Is The Best Bang For My Buck On Steering Servos

98cruiser

I think I need new steering servos, my truck when full throtle doen't turn as good as if I was off the gas. Hitec is about 70 per servo, are there any other comparable steering servos out there for less (digital with metal gearing)

racetruck

Airtronics has a servo that you can try here's the number 94780 specs 6V torque 423 in. oz. speed 0.15 sec tower hobbie price 117.99 :eek: or the 805bb for 40.00 that is what i run with plastic gears and it has done fine on the track

Last edited by a moderator:

98cruiser

servos

racetruck said:
Airtronics has a servo that you can try here's the number 94780 specs 6V torque 423 in. oz. speed 0.15 sec tower hobbie price 117.99 :eek: or the 805bb for 40.00 that is what i run with plastic gears and it has done fine on the track
Thank Truck, but I ended up going with the hitec 5755 or some thing like that! lol....I was told I can just use one of those for steering, ill let you know how it works

Obeast44

Banned
racetruck said:
the 5755 don't fit the stock steering theyre the same as the throttle servo
I think you might be confusing it with the 5645?

goldwing1800l said:
Racetruck i thought the throttle servo was a standard size servo not the same as the steering hum???
You are right the T/B servo is standard sized, the 5755 is a "large scale" servo

Deluge

yellowjacket45 said:
does the 5755 fit the stock location ok or does it need modifying
This seems to be brought up quite often. Has anybody made a write-up for installing aftermarket servos on any of these vehicles? I think it would be helpful.

racetruck

some specs of the 5755 size

347 oz in 0.15sec at 6v

2.32x1.14x2.04

specs for the 805bb

343 oz in at 0.14sec at 6v

2.59x1.18x2.26

The 5755 is a large scale servo but it is a bit smaller as you can see in the specs i hope this helps i hav'nt tryed a 5755 in place of my 805 so i'am not sure if it would bolt up in the same bolt pattern as the 805 :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts