• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What if.....?

MOfroggy

I KNOW that one of the beauties of the Rampage is that it is 4 wheel drive (and it is cheaper) but I was wondering.....

If in the Buggy configuration (or the MT I guess) you took out the dogbone from the center diff to the front wheels and took out the two front dogbones to each wheel on the front, how would it perform? I don't think it would reach Baja 5b performance because of the weight differential but if you wanted to semi compete with the Baja on performance vs. price this might be a good option for first time 1/5th scalers. Maybe this is an option that RedCat can explore in the future?

Just a thought.

MOfroggy

Last edited by a moderator:

fourwheeler

I don't know about the Red Cat but if you lose 4WD on a Savage it is uncontrollable. Way too much power for the 2WD and uncontrolled wheel spin.

Shiny

Is the center diff open or spool (Permanent Looked Diff).

Because if it is open it will not move. All the power will go to the less loaded end. That what open diff do.

If it is a spool (Permanent Looked Diff) then you can have 4X4, Rear wheel, or front wheel drive.

Modified RC

Shiny said:
Is the center diff open or spool (Permanent Looked Diff).
Because if it is open it will not move. All the power will go to the less loaded end. That what open diff do.

If it is a spool (Permanent Looked Diff) then you can have 4X4, Rear wheel, or front wheel drive.
There is no center diff, it's locked

Shiny

Ok then you can go Front wheel drive, Rear wheel drive, or 4X4.

Front wheel should be funny thing to watch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts