• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

what have I done

broke

Well here it is my new MT PRO :eek: It all started with the idea to hopp it up, lol.. well..... I saw pics of mt's with the blue anodized removed i thought it looked cool, them i got the brilliant idea to try to polish the aluminun, Well that worked pretty good, have some more polishing to go, but i can get this stuff to shine like a mirror, just takes some time, i will post more pics as this build comes togther i guss you can say this will be a ground up rebuild with all hopp up parts, so far this is what i have

walbro 990 carb

hpi air filter

domniator pipe

8000 rpm clutch spings

2, 5575 hitec steering servos

5645 hitec throttel/barke servo

FS-GT3B transmitter

hpi hubs

hpi axle boot covers

pro line desperado wheels with bow-tie tires

pro line desert rat body

killer bee II kill switch

and more to come, if you guys have any suggestions please feel free to add

here are some pics, I thought I could make my own horns use the stock ones from the hitec servos, do you guys think this will wortk ?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Going to be nice.

Ildy666

Lookin good.but don't make it a shelf queen please, these Redcats are for dirty fun..lol...keep up the good work.

broke

Ildy666 said:
Lookin good.but don't make it a shelf queen please, these Redcats are for dirty fun..lol...keep up the good work.
NO WAY The hobby store down the street is putting in a race track, i will be eatting the competition with this beast I will post vids and pics only problem is when i brake this thing i will have to polish the parts :( thank god my son like to polish also. I just had a thought maybe I should buy another or maybe two, mmmmm, I might get kicked out of the house, lol

krashkrieg

Contributor
Looks great all polished up...

What are you using to de-anodize and polish?

The AL servo horn might be too short once it's all hooked up...

broke

krashkrieg said:
Looks great all polished up...What are you using to de-anodize and polish?

The AL servo horn might be too short once it's all hooked up...
drano professional strength crystals works great got it at walmart, I used a stainless bowl for the small parts and a spray bottle for the larger parts becareful with this stuff its bad ass stuff (wear rubber gloves and safety glasses) and do it outside, the parts will oxidiz and you will have to rinse and wipe them off don't let them soak to long, for polishing I just bought a couple of buffing wheels from sears and some compound and put them on my drill press, look up polishing aluminum on you tube. Maybe i should just by the right horns from daves,

krashkrieg

Contributor
I have found that greased lightning works, but it can pit the AL pretty easily...

Next time, I'll try your way.

The carbonate plastic horns that come with the Hitec are really strong, I haven't heard of anyone having an issue using them (including myself)

broke

krashkrieg said:
I have found that greased lightning works, but it can pit the AL pretty easily...Next time, I'll try your way.

The carbonate plastic horns that come with the Hitec are really strong, I haven't heard of anyone having an issue using them (including myself)
COOL save me 20 bucks, maybe I'll buy a intake manifold thanks for the info going to start a new post with a different title for this project (have to find a name for this beast) it just looked funny on the work stand and all the work ahead of us, but we are having fun, cant wait to get it on the race track

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts