• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What exactly is different between the XB and XB-E?

Cain

Other than the obvious gas engine versus electric stuff, what exactly on the cars are different?

The reason I ask is looking at the two vehicles, it seems that the suspension packages are the same, and the chassis plate other than the mudguards kind of looks the same?

I wouldn't mind having the option to have both a gasser and an electric just by swapping the appropriate items.

And based on the price of the Gasser versus picking up a roller electric, I am wondering how much would actually be needed to do that.

Seems a gasser runs about $530 shipped, versus $530 - 560 shipped for a Roller XB-E.

If I am doing an aftermarket mount and brace setup that I have seen, I guess I am wondering if its a wash between the two overall pricewise?

Here are the pics I am looking at:

media.nl?id=15557&c=849850&h=49cf8dfbc535fcc09923.jpg

media.nl?id=15536&c=849850&h=a7874dafd1b5ec1fdb64.jpg

ImminentFailure

I actually heard the chassis was different. The front / rear dog bones are different as the center gear mount is located much more forward on the XB-E. You can get away without the the 'receiver' box purchase for the XB-E by using water proof rx. There's a different servo mount with the ESC mount. Different braces for the front / back. Rest is same aside from the obvious motor mount/brace. You'd want the 7075 RC one right from the get go

There was a thread on this previously were I think obeast laid out all the changes. It's actually more cost effective to just own both as buying the parts, batts, and a 1/8 brushless system costs like only 250$ less than buying the RTR. I wanted to convert mine once, and went to the red cat site and made an excel spread sheet. I quickly decided against that and got a used losi 8T 2.0 BL conversion for 1/2 the cost.

DemonRC

I totaled up the parts and was at $250. This was minus the motor mount, center bulkhead, rear upper plate, front/rear dogbones, and stock motor. You would be close to $400 by the time you added it all up.

ImminentFailure

I found the spreadsheet buried on my computer from this summer. The chassis is different per redcat site, but maybe the required holes could just be drilled. Electronics prices are from hobbypartz.com. This list assume the two mounts in the center of the car that hold the center front / rear drive line are the same as the XB.

7783 $8.00 Front Brace

7771 $10.00 Rear Brace

7775 $14.00 F-Dog Bone

7774 $14.00 R-Dogbone

7773 $14.00 Battery case

7075RC $125.00 Motor Mount package

7784 $12.00 Servo Mount

7777 $90.00 Chassis

7780 $12.00 ESSC Mount

Parts: $299

$185.00 Leopard brushless 5692

$120.00 ESC

Electronics $305

Total: $604

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts