• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

What do I need to run Desperado Wheels on Rampage?

Evildomain

Contributor
Ok Guys,

I noticed the Pro-line Desperado wheels use 23mm hexes. Will those wheels just bolt on to the Rampage without any mods? My MT should arrive this week:D. Still looking for a used pipe though...

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

Your right Obeast. The Baja wheels are 24mm and the Rampage wheels are 22mm.

Also, you can spend a little extra and get the Vertigo 8mm axle extenders for the Baja and slap em on the Rampage. 8mm on each side doesn't sound like alot but take a look at how wide it got my skinny wheels. Regular Baja rears or Rampage wheels go really wide:

Full5.jpg

Evildomain

Contributor
I guess what I meant to say is that the specs on the Pro-line Desperado wheels say it uses a 23mm hex. The specs on the Redcat Rampage parts description and manual both say the wheel hex is also 23mm. So according to that they should bolt right on? I'm just going by the numbers not any kind of actual experience...:)Check the screen shots of both descriptions....

Rampage wheel hex.jpg

Proline desperado.jpg

/monthly_2009_12/583c605b63065_Rampagewheelhex.jpg.349a67f26d6207cd70b90b28403186fc.jpg

/monthly_2009_12/583c605b65235_Prolinedesperado.jpg.cbe5392e335c6b12204a7dbcca128e49.jpg

Evildomain

Contributor
That's what I figured.....

I'm learning, little by little...lol

Thanks for the help guys.

I want to get the Desperado wheels with bow-tie tires so I'll probably be selling or trading my MT wheel/tire set in the next couple days. Just thought I'd get that out there and test the waters.... :)

flint mann

Those will do it you need two sets one for front and one for rear. With those you can run any wheel that will fit the Baja5b/t

WilliamHorton

Hello. I have a set of aluminum rims for the Baja. If I purchase two sets of the Baja rear wheel hexes, can I use the rims? Do you have to use four rear rims or can you use the front and rear? Thank you

nanoali

hi william, you need 2 sets rear, and yes you can use rear and front rims.

WilliamHorton said:
Hello. I have a set of aluminum rims for the Baja. If I purchase two sets of the Baja rear wheel hexes, can I use the rims? Do you have to use four rear rims or can you use the front and rear? Thank you

RampageHopUps

Just make sure the tires are the same diameter front and rear. or else your front will be binding agains the back all the time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts