• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

what brand of two stroke oil and ratio you use ??

aussie

hi guys

im curious to know what brand two stroke oil and ratio you run at ??

im using amsoil full synthetic@ 25:1 ratio.

but seems to be very smokey and oily.

thanks

glen

max 1

I Also Use Klotzs 32.1.or Royal Purpel.

hamster huey

Evolution (hobbytown carries it) 25:1. Smoke only visible in bright sunlight. Not oily (but I have 90 elbows on my Xcan so it shoots striaght up in the air through the bed of the body).

aussie

hi guys

thanks for your replies.

ok then,i will run @ 32:1 not 25:1 .

so to mix up @ 32:1 ,how many ml oil per litre ??

cheers

glen

Last edited by a moderator:

jigawatt

heh you are gonna hate yourself for this one... 32:1 for metric system is ez ;)

1000/32= 31.25ml :cool:

cable97526

I run Royal Purple in mine at 40:1 92 octane and got almost 4 gallons through the stock mill and anyone that says you need more I will send them my piston and sleeve and they can try to tell me otherwise! Hardly any smoke and little to no oily residue. Plus it never fouled a plug.

kryptonite

cable97526 said:
I run Royal Purple in mine at 40:1 92 octane and got almost 4 gallons through the stock mill and anyone that says you need more I will send them my piston and sleeve and they can try to tell me otherwise! Hardly any smoke and little to no oily residue. Plus it never fouled a plug.
i agree. i ran 40:1 for a while with no issues at all. but i think if you run wide open throttle for extended periods you will need to re-tune.

stumpy

Ya, maybe I should clarify. Not the chain oil. Stihl doubles your factory warranty, with thisoil, so I figured it should be good.

kryptonite

sorry stump. sometimes my sarcasm gets the best of me. i new you were refering to 2stroke oil. is that a sythetic blend? and what kind of warrantee to you have? (oops, here we go again:rolleyes:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.