• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Weak rallye chassie!

Jester

As the title states. Has any one either improved the stock one or tryin to make a stronger one? I was running my onroad car and that thing just bounces around like a ball! Seems like dead center where the motor sits!

flarcer

Have you or anybody else considered mounting all the components onto an MT/TT chassis? With the curved edges it would be much stronger would it not?

Jester

I guess your right about the bends. But I bought it for the fact that it is an on road car. I may try beefing it up some??

pipeous

I just want to find a chunk of 10mm 7075 and make my own... eventually. we have more problems with plastic knuckles than anything... ordered some alloy ones in

Jester

pipeous said:
I just want to find a chunk of 10mm 7075 and make my own... eventually. we have more problems with plastic knuckles than anything... ordered some alloy ones in
Just installed them! They are nice!!

pipeous

ya you bet, I love the red. I still have to install mine. been super busy with work so the parts sit. trying to put f1 tires on rims tonight. wow these have to be one of the hardest tire sets I have ever had to do. might have to heat the rubber so it fits over the rim?

I'll make a chassis one day, just have to get to metal supermarket for a slab of 10mm 7075 and I'll cut my own

flarcer

Jester said:
I guess your right about the bends. But I bought it for the fact that it is an on road car. I may try beefing it up some??
When I made the comment about mounting the onroad suspension onto a MT/TT chassis, I didnt mean to convert it to a MT/TT, but to keep it as an onroad car but sitting on a much stronger less flexable offroad chassis.

Jester

flarcer said:
When I made the comment about mounting the onroad suspension onto a MT/TT chassis, I didnt mean to convert it to a MT/TT, but to keep it as an onroad car but sitting on a much stronger less flexable offroad chassis.
Sorry Bud!! Great idea!! Didn't think it would work??

I may try and stiffen it up abit???? Maybe! I love the car but for some reason the chassie flexing is just killing it!

Jester

pipeous said:
only problem I see using the off road chassis is you'd have to make custom side body mounts
I don't even use the sidemounts..... But thanks bud! And if you make a chassie, LMK! I wonder if a MCD chassie would work??

pipeous

I won't run without side mounts. I re inforce them with aluminum channel as well. side impacts can kill a body. one of these days I have to get that mercedes clk gtr body painted up for mine. at $220 for the body, I want all the protection I can get.

I wish I knew if the mcd would fit. I've never owned one. my friends that owned them are happier with their redcats and nutechs. after I detail my mini van today, I am going to go over the rally so I can run it tomorrow. I've had some bad luck with kill switches lately, and pretty sutre that's the problem, though it could be my rx or bec too... hard to test cuz I only noticed it when going fast.

pipeous

I have started working with someone to make a thick chassis now. sorry it took so long. I just sent him pics. he made some nice baja chassis for people. when he sees how easy this one is, it shouldn't take long. I'll have to strip my car down and take him my chassis. I'd like a 10mm thick chassis myself

flarcer

Hey Pipe, since you're having a whole new chassis done up, will you extend it to 535 wheelbase? Would be interesting.

pipeous

that would be interesting aside from needing new center dogbones made. I was just going to keep it the same length and toss an fg mini body on next. we'll see how it fares.. I busted my jet pro pipe today. am going to take the rally with me to run on an off road track next weekend. tossing fg marder tires on. so this body will get hacked a bit for tire clearance. and I'll have to run a crap stock can. I did that today and it was such a power loss. I have a gutted one in the parts box.

Jester

pipeous said:
I have started working with someone to make a thick chassis now. sorry it took so long. I just sent him pics. he made some nice baja chassis for people. when he sees how easy this one is, it shouldn't take long. I'll have to strip my car down and take him my chassis. I'd like a 10mm thick chassis myself
That's pretty cool pipe!! I'll keep a eye out for one!! Been to busy to mess with this! Last time I ran it I started having brake problems and haven't touched it since! These redcats seem to be more problems then they are worth!!! I don't even want to sell it! Because of all the trouble! Bitch fest is over!! LoL thanks!

pipeous

man I let a buddy run mine on an offroad track with buggy tires and it ran fine until a stripped steering servo..

I am in the same boat. got sidetracked from stripping the rally. I really need to get at it cuz the guy is waiting for me to send it over to him. I wanted 8-10mm thick. then it won't flex

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.