• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

waterprofing rx/ pico switch

cable97526

mooman007uk said:
the old way ...put them in balloons
He's right, that's what I have done to most of my rigs and so far no problems. I also used some silicone sealant around the radio box cover to help "moisture proof" it as well.

cable97526

Silicone NO, wax yes. Silicone can conduct a certain amount of voltage just like water, which could lead to servo glitching and poor radio performance. Most audio video repair shops have and might sell some of the wax coatings we used to use on vehicle PCM's They work well and don't conduct electricity. Here shortly there will also be a new coating called golden shellback that will waterproof anything and save us all time and money.

pipeous

We epoxied our pc boards on the failsafes we made to waterproof. for the test run failsafes I coated the whole pc board in shoe goo. it's clear so you can still see the lights and never had a problem with shorting and such. I shoe goo'd my picco to the plastic flange on my engine case.... shoe goo fixes anything lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts