• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

walbro wt 997 ??? odd ball or relabeled??

phreerider

any guys got knowledge of this odd ball...is a 668 or 813 ???

rovan on ebay got the deal just want to get a little more insight , thanks

thats.....rovan rc ebay walbro wt997 carb.

alfred e numan

Gitzmotors

I see Gitzmotors has a modded version of the WT-771 out for sale now. Bored out carb. I tried the stocker 771, ran pretty good. This is another chokeless carb. This stock WT-771 does not have the brass high speed nozzle in the bore. Not having this would allow a increase in flow tru the bore. Then being bored out to boot-- I found a site long ago having to do with boring out non high speed check valve carbs. Where the high speed oferce is located, this fellow was machining a precice notch-groove in this area, then boring out the carb.- Be cool to see a really close up photo of Gitzmotors version of modding the 771.

phreerider

GIZMOMOTORS (is that what u meant?)certainly got some choice carbs esp. custom bore stuff,, hard to choose for sure....but 990 for 32$ was a snap choice. also picked up DOM. v1 pipe to make this thing flow and tune easier. the tune on the stock is all over the place ...seemed better after i gutted the stock pipe, but i can tell theres more to be had. the choke alone is a big hindrance for flow.

alfred e numan

Glad someone round here knows how to spell -- lol. The 990 is a great carb. as with anything mass produced, there are good ones- and not so good ones. I am thinking that the 2nd generation wt-771 from -however you spell it, Would be a great carb on a larger displacement modded high rpm engine. The idea behind the machined notch -groove mentioned on the above post by me, is to generate a lower pressure area around the high speed orforce-hole in the carbs bore.- there are 3 holes in this area- function seperate @ certan flows - function as 1 at other flows- or rpm-s. Yea, i may spring for one of these 2nd gen 771-s soon. Honestly, I cannot see in the photo if this newest modded 771 has the "mini ventura" machined into the bore, but this guy in Florida knows his stuff, had unbeatable deals. Check out the prices on the vrc pipes--- Hell @ those prices, i could by one- cut it, have it TIG-ed back together to fit a redcat and still save $$$.

phreerider

Ok 990 is the carb to open the XB ....holy crap unit rips right off the pavement!!

Added a hacked DOM clone pipe by king motors...oh my things have indeed

I need tires! Pics as soon as I wire this frigging iPhone

G

The 990 is a good one.

phreerider

presh junk!walbro 990 32bucks--->gizmomotors...DO NOT GO WITHOUT THIS! hacked tuned pipe 62bucks.......rovan rc..steel and sweet rippin' soundshitec heavy weight, HV servos, lipo and fresh futaba View attachment 6698 unit will literally fry the tires...to which now i will be needing more.

IMG_8496.jpg

IMG_8496.jpg

/monthly_2013_09/IMG_8496.jpg.0f77812b517130748ffa45ec991f38ec.jpg

G

The pipe is a little more protected flipped around ;)

phreerider

would not go throw the chassis even after sectioning , the expansion chamber seemed very thick after the turn and header quite short...without cutting the tower center out. this pipe would not tuck under the back ...i wanted it to lay more flat on top but everything was getting short or into the expansion part of the turn. i may shorten it a bit to get to lay flat. the heater hose works get all rock solid mounted tight. love how it sounds and the carb sends it like mad seem almost like it has "secondaries"

details on the pipe in the pic would be nice ..though no mods to the XB where done , but the pipe hacked down considerable just to get around the tower with decent clearance.

G

I cut out the center of the shock tower lengthened and rotated the pipe.

phreerider

New twist...less exposure, ample clearance, no hose clamp junk , NO MODS to XB. View attachment 6700 Will add more pics, still trying wire the pics management thing

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2013_09/image.jpg.3adef1b22ada5223752d62b72893e4de.jpg

G

I like to make sure I don't have to cut the body to use a pipe. It's gotta look as good as it runs. :D

phreerider

Trimming a little on the backend just didn't want it to curl/melt.

Trying to get pics up but it's just not happening

phreerider

got some pics of this mod with the down twist in an album.

put about 4 hours of full on bash no trouble . i wanted to get away from the hose and clamp thing.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/album.php?albumid=348

some insight on the pic manage thing would help.

definitely love the pipe and 990 carb..1 or 2 SLOW strokes on the pullstart, TDC, one snatch ----->starts everytime.

plus the Futaba/hitec combo totally glitch free for six hours (running killer rc kill as well)..zero problems, nice combo for this unit thanks for the helpful advice along the way.

G

i wanted to get away from the hose and clamp thing.
Keep in mind the head is supporting the pipe. Running pipes without a silicone coupling is known to break the seal between the head and case on the 2 bolt motors. I now section all my pipes just to be safe.

phreerider

its not a solid joint. silicone around head pipe section on inside. very tidy vibe cushion. using a spring was my initial thought. about 3inch of head pipe section goes inside the beginning of the resonance chamber of the pipe. i took the time to custom grind and crimp outside of the pipe for super smooth fit. you would swear its welded by looking at it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts