• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

very dissapointed

big ed

I wanted some feed back on the rampage truck before I bought one. I thought this would be a good place to get it.

str8jailbird

It's an awesome machine. The upgrade kit is a definite necessity as well as a kill switch. Thing to keep your eyes on;

1. shock caps tend to loosen leaking oil

2. very touchy brakes (mine easily locked up so I softened them up)

3. the body is prone to cracking (the truck weighs over 30lbs so this shouldn't be a surprise)

4. It is a blast but needs a little help in the engine dept. A 28.5 bore kit with a nice exhaust will make it a LOT better.

Other than that the truck is solid, keep an eye on the CVD pins if you get them as they tend to loosen like the LST2 did. A little blue lock-tight on the wheel nuts and all metal to metal screw connections is a good idea. Watch out for the red that they used at the factory. I don't think he-man could get those out. One last item to consider is a screw kit (I just ordered a RC Screwz kit for the Rampage MT) because the stock ones easily strip.

big ed

Wasnt able to find thread

i placed that one last night and wasnt able to find it. so i posted a new one this morning. My appologies.

Ron E

Contributor
go to the video section and watch moo, gas jockey, clubin and others... the beating they give their trucks will answer any doubts. the mt does need some upgrades/mods but not that much... and what a monster you end up with. :D :D:D

and the support from here and rampagehopups is great, take the plunge and enjoy the beast.

big ed

Just found it

I feel stupid, look under new posts idiot

kryptonite

hey whats up ed!! if you havent noticed we are kind of a smaller forum then say hbf and so on.

so to help out.. is this your first 5th scale? i have had a slew of difffrennt 5th scales and this is by far my faverite. it does need very little tlc out of the box but so does EVERY 5th scale. the basic stuff you will want to replace out of the box is the servo's and maybe have a few plastic bits on hand like the 2-25 tooth gears and a pack of front stearing mounts. and some glue for the shell. the mt shell cracks very easy. but it all depends on how hard you are on it. i have slowly been getting alum peices and it really pays off as my mt is a freakin tank now. and i still havent spent what a new 5t would have cost. justr becouse it is one of the cheapest, doesn't mean its cheap. maybe evey one else is just over priced, but thats a diffrent topic. as you skim thru the threads you will see that many have had diffrent issues with diffrent parts but they all seem to be easy fixes. nothing that should brake the bank. keep in mind that this is also one of the heavest rigs you will find. over 30 pounds. it is built well but when it hits the ground, it hits hard. most of the time you will drive away, but don't be discouraged if you have to do basic upgrades. this is not a plug-n-play.. as i told "chucked". it takes 5 tanks to break in a nitro. and it will take 5 tanks and a few shells to turn your rig into an all out tank. but if your a "feild" runner and keep it less then 5ft off the ground, then you will be good with some gears and servos(and glue for the bodyLOL). make sure you get the upgrade kit!! comes with everything you need to have a blast.

sorry for the short book

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts