• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

VERY disappointing experience with Rampage XB

rcgasser

Yes I told him that also on his other thread I would not have bought a new coil

freekshow

RampageHopUps said:
Had you filled out the warranty form, Redcat would send you a new one.
Yup....filled it out yesterday....asked for a complete exchange unit due to the radio and body being damaged in the box and now this whole mess....doubt it will happen but dammit its been a major headache since opening the box thursday

RampageHopUps

If you took a picture of the radio and body being damaged in the box, they would have exchanged it due to shipping damage.

Now that you started it and voided the shipping warranty with the carrier, all they can do is send you a new coil.

freekshow

RampageHopUps said:
If you took a picture of the radio and body being damaged in the box, they would have exchanged it due to shipping damage.Now that you started it and voided the shipping warranty with the carrier, all they can do is send you a new coil.
I DID take pics and sent it to the store I purchased it from. They requested I send the pics and have not heard back from them since friday...they may be closed for the weekend

freekshow

RampageHopUps said:
OK, great. Did they tell you to close up the box and wait for a return label from Redcat?
Have not heard back from them since I emailed the pics Thursday...I have emailed every day...they might be off for the holiday early ?

RampageHopUps

Yep, some of the "Dealers" are just drop shippers and will refer you back to Redcat without actually helping you. Order another one and I bet they e-mail you back.

We will help you as much as we can. Changing the coil is very easy, so don;t worry about it.

freekshow

RampageHopUps said:
Yep, some of the "Dealers" are just drop shippers and will refer you back to Redcat without actually helping you. Order another one and I bet they e-mail you back.We will help you as much as we can. Changing the coil is very easy, so don;t worry about it.
I appreciate your help and everyone else's ... I know I have been a pain in the butt ! I originally was not going to order the redcat because of all the negative reviews and all the horror stories of them not running more than 5 minutes before failing and thought THAT WONT HAPPEN TO ME . Well it did...I am just frustrated because the main reason I did not go electric or nitro for my first rc was because a 2 stroke should not have many issues .... live and learn I guess LOL ... either way, I appreciate all your input and the forums input and will hang in there with redcat until I see what they are willing to do. Had big plans of showing off their product this weekend to all the family and friends that were over ( and maybe drum redcat up some business) but I am afraid that did not work out so well LOL....have a great rest of the holiday and thanks again

PrjctStrtFrce

What did you change the spark plug out for...? NGK CMR7H is the most common used plug. The stock plug has a crappy insulator.

Phill

RampageHopUps said:
If you took a picture of the radio and body being damaged in the box, they would have exchanged it due to shipping damage.Now that you started it and voided the shipping warranty with the carrier, all they can do is send you a new coil.
I had a similar prob

Mine came with plastic gears that melted in exactly 4 mins so I put a metal plate and gears in which I bought from the same place.

A week later when the motor let go they didn't want to know me because I'd "modified" it.

I stress though that this wasn't Redcat - just a reseller here in Aus

freekshow

PrjctStrtFrce said:
What did you change the spark plug out for...? NGK CMR7H is the most common used plug. The stock plug has a crappy insulator.
Could not find anyone that had the ngk in stock so I got two champions :-(

ackack

I had all 4 drive cups go during break in. That was a major ball ache, just be prepared to spend a lot of money if you want to make it reliable and fast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts