• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

V3 Roll cage

grizzledcamudgen

Well this is a bummer and it only happened with the vibration! :(

The screw came out and the part at the top broke, I should have locktighted that cage! Oh well...Live & learn! The truck is running good though! :D

Obeast44

Banned
Ya, remember what I told ya about the cages? Its definitely a weak point, almost all of them I have seen have broken there. Just contact Darin@Redcat , Im sure he will get ya straightened out :)

The stock plastic cage will work just fine, its plenty strong enough to protect the plug

grizzledcamudgen

Obeast44 said:
Ya, remember what I told ya about the cages? Its definitely a weak point, almost all of them I have seen have broken there. Just contact Darin@Redcat , Im sure he will get ya straightened out :)
The stock plastic cage will work just fine, its plenty strong enough to protect the plug
Yeah, I remember. Does the plastic cage have that weak point? If it's worthy, I may just go with the plastic one, has more give I imagine!

krashkrieg

Contributor
The plastic has been pretty strong...Haven't landed on the top very hard yet though...

Been meaning to ask you OBeast...who made / where'd you get your Chromolly cage that was on your former Rampage?

forist

Contributor
My aluminum cage broke in the same spot and I have not hardly ran it. have not even jumped it yet at all. I drilled a small hole on ech side of the broken spot and used heavy wire to hold it together for now. You can't see the broken spot under the top plate.

grizzledcamudgen

forist said:
My aluminum cage broke in the same spot and I have not hardly ran it. have not even jumped it yet at all. I drilled a small hole on ech side of the broken spot and used heavy wire to hold it together for now. You can't see the broken spot under the top plate.
Hmmm...sounds like a good temporary fix. I just may have to do that! Thanks!

grizzledcamudgen

Ron E said:
http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?productId=348&categoryId=5
this and the stock plastic cage works very well, I have one on mt truck...

or you can go all out and have someone make you a cage, like this. but you could spend some bucks here.
Is that the stock cage with the rear down tubes off?

I am a welder by trade, the funny thing is "I don't have a welder at home!" That sucks because I would make one myself!!! I just need to get one because I'm getting a few welding projects here at home I need to do.

Thanks for the pics Ron E!

fat49f1

Contributor
I couldnt function at home without a welder, myself i would use that plastic thing to start a fire,lol. Grizz i have the one i took off mine if you don't have one i will send it to you. Just pm me. This is the one i built for mine.

IMG_2556.jpg

/monthly_2010_10/IMG_2556.jpg.73838bb36ace61eb6b949f275afe775b.jpg

grizzledcamudgen

fat49f1 said:
I couldnt function at home without a welder, myself i would use that plastic thing to start a fire,lol.
Grizz i have the one i took off mine if you don't have one i will send it to you. Just pm me. This is the one i built for mine.
I'm getting to the stage now where "I want one!" I weld for 10 hours at my job everyday and didn't really want one, in the past but I really need one for repairs and want not around here. Their is soo much I could do with it!

"i would use that plastic thing to start a fire" HaHa, I like that!

That cage is sweet! Your enticing me to go and get one now! :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts