• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

V3 OWNERS did your rampage hold up?

potatoperogy

hey. i don't have my tt yet, but i have seen a few posts from new v3 owners that havent even gotten a tank through it.

i was told when i ordered my tt that upgrades were necessary and i have no problem with that. the rampage seems like alot of bang for the buck for sure.

i was just wondering if any v3 owners have been driving them around stock without anything breaking?

and i also hope that someone with a rampage background will be able to post a first drive checklist for the v3.

so far i've heard that the diffs go boom and that the servos melt the on switch causing a short to fry the electronics.

just getting ancy waiting for my tt to show up and hoping to get v3 owners advice on cheap ways to keep it bashing when i do get it

thanx

soulja55

hey dude....i have a V3 MT that i bought from a forum member and i haven't had ANY problem mechanically. i love my truck though. something i STRONGLY recommend getting is a better battery. i had that cheap on 2000mah battery die on me........she didn't even have enough ower to activate the failsafe in my specktrum...and went 1/4 throttle inside one of my customer's shops! i caught it before it hit anything. i have ordered a 4000mah battery to replace it. i can truly say i am impressed with this truck. here is the list to the precheck list . some of this has been fixed by redcat though.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=25

Last edited by a moderator:

smoedog

Contributor
mine survived 1 tank before the steering servo failed and took the RX with it. But mechanically its awesome, no problems yet. I'm sure over time i'll get the bugs worked out, but for that 1 tank that was the most fun i've ever had with a rc car

Ron E

Contributor
I have 2 v1 rampages, both have been great vehicles... and yes you have to replace the servo's first thing. perform the pre run check list. my tt ran stock for a year other than replacing just the throttle servo and venting the gear cover, it did break one dogbone pin wich I replaced with the end of a 5/16 drill bit. this was with the stock motor and a side dom pipe. if you bash this thing hard, like big jumps it will break... if you run it hard but keep it to smooth jumps and don't get real crazy it wont break.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=1782

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=3022

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=3098

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=3526

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=3696

heres my rampages... you can break them, but you can also fix them, cheap and easy...

I've made my rampages very tough and reliable, you can build a killer tough rampage for under 1000.00 have a great 5th scale and still be money ahead compaired to much more exspensive large scale 4x4 vehicles.

fat49f1

Contributor
My mt v3 broke when i first couple times i ran it but its just like any other rc, you will break it period.I have since fixed it and wouldnt trade it for anything.I love this beast,how can you not love something as big as a push mower,lol

Last edited by a moderator:

fat49f1

Contributor
potatoperogy said:
what broke on it that has been fixed?
Dogbone pins which could have been prevented with the prerun checklist.I still have the factory servos ,no problem as of yet.

soulja55

fat49f1 said:
Dogbone pins which could have been prevented with the prerun checklist.I still have the factory servos ,no problem as of yet.
i had the same problem but fixed that with the dogbones....no problem with servos as of yet either. don't like the sluggishness of the bottom, but that gonna be cured in a month or so.

soulja55

Obeast44 said:
What pipe and CC you running Soulja?
that stock old square can and the 26cc. the engine runs awesome....i just want more bottom end end out of it. i haven't changed the air filter yet either, but i have all that stuff. my engine builder that lives in Canada is currently working on a Zenoah 27 4bolt and a custom pipe for it. i am gonna start a thread on it soon....but just want to "test & tune" with the stock engine. after my Zenoah & pipe gets here.....i have a few more upgrades and that's gonna be it for me. i thought about selling the stock engine....then i thought about just putting a 30cc jug on it and keeping it....still undecided at the present. here is a vid of my engine builder's baja with a CY 26cc 2bolt.....no big bore kit.........and his custom pipe he did for his Baja

[ame]

[/ame]

potatoperogy

WOW thats some serious pep out of a 26cc.

do you want to share who the engine builder is and where hes located...or is that classified info until he gets your engine done?

soulja55

potatoperogy said:
WOW thats some serious pep out of a 26cc.
do you want to share who the engine builder is and where hes located...or is that classified info until he gets your engine done?
sure. his website is www.extremercmods.com and he's out of Canada. he has done 2 engines for me and this last one i bought one of his pipes....serious power! i'm gonna be his test man to check out how this Zen 27 does in a 4WD with one of his pipes.......she's gonna be TOO NASTY!

hamster huey

Hey I remember that site. When I ported, polished, fanged matched my nitro stuff I researched it first and that site came up. Very nice. I don't remember the pipes though those are very nice. Is the baja in the video reeded?

Ride the lightning, feel the thunder!

purenitro

The engine is a plain CY 26cc straight from a baja SS kit, no hop-ups were added, the engine just got a full work over and then piped up.

cody

I had just started on my second tank and I had the wheel axle hub break in half right where the pin goes threw the cvd. Redcat took care of me on that. Thinking its a fluke. Very nice rig worth every penny

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.