• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

usps

Ron E

Contributor
so i ordered some new lipo's from hk, check out the route usps efficiently chose the get them to me, well not yet but hoping they make it eventually... i live about 3 hours from desmoines by the way...

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, June 09, 2011, 7:43 am, DES MOINES, IA 50395

Processed through Sort Facility, June 07, 2011, 3:53 pm, JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097

Processed through Sort Facility, June 06, 2011, 4:50 pm, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116

Processed through Sort Facility, June 05, 2011, 1:41 am, DES MOINES, IA 50395

Processed through Sort Facility, June 02, 2011, 3:27 am, FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003

:eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron E

Contributor
wow... :eek:

well I got my batt's today, the box was destroyed, smashed and retaped... fell apart/open when i went to open it... but all 4 batteries were in there, 2 of the inner boxes were smashed also, even thru bubble wrap. BUT, my 4 new 3s 5000mah 30c lipo's are here and thats what counts, YAY.

Ron E

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Thats good to hear! Least they survived the long trip lol
Double check the voltages and make sure you input the warranty codes on the hobbyking website
good info dude, i will tonight.

also, i ran my caldera 10e last night for like 1/2 hour on 1 turnigy 2s 5200 30c and jus beat the crap outa it, it was a rough day at work... and this little truck is tough, it SHOULD have broke! well the body is destoyed :D , but the trucks still going, some how??? but these cheap-a$$ batteries rock, wow...

theres no better bang for the buck than a brushless redcat and cheap lipo's. :)

Dirtconvert

Hell yeah. I don't know why everyone has such short run times other than the chargers maybe? With the XBE and the stock batteries with the castle 2200 and the stock motor I get right around 30 minutes of run time. I can say this for sure, Lipos like to be charged at a high amp rate. That is from personal experience. I charge at 3c on all my batteries.

Obeast44

Banned
Alot of it has to do with driving style and conditions, not to mention many other factors :D

I know Ron, hes a fellow Leadfinger!

Ron E

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Alot of it has to do with driving style and conditions, not to mention many other factors :D
I know Ron, hes a fellow Leadfinger!
DUDE, after i ran the caldera hard for almost 30min my daughter and her friend ran it another 10min lightly in the grass and sand, it was still moving fast when i shut her down for the day, i had 3 other batteries setting there expecting to run 2-3 packs threw her, damn thing just wouldn't die or slow down, freaking awesome power and run times... things sure have changed from my grasshopper and 6cell nimh of 26 yr's ago :D , damn even when we raced rc10's it was for 4 min at a time... :rolleyes: hahahaha

hobbsa23

Dirtconvert said:
Hell yeah. I don't know why everyone has such short run times other than the chargers maybe? With the XBE and the stock batteries with the castle 2200 and the stock motor I get right around 30 minutes of run time. I can say this for sure, Lipos like to be charged at a high amp rate. That is from personal experience. I charge at 3c on all my batteries.
I noticed when i use my charger that i would get the options to charge at 1-5 Milli Amps then it switches over to 1C up to 3C. i was allways told to match up the MA to the mah on tha battery. I guess i should bump up to the C range? Is it faster charging also?

Trickle007

Contributor
hobbsa23 said:
I noticed when i use my charger that i would get the options to charge at 1-5 Milli Amps then it switches over to 1C up to 3C. i was allways told to match up the MA to the mah on tha battery. I guess i should bump up to the C range? Is it faster charging also?
charging at 3c will reduce the life of your batteries for maximum battery life you suppose to charge at 1c or less

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts