• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Urgent Help Air Filter

robmt

Hi guys,

need some urgent opinions help here,

ive heard bad things about these K&N style filters i only read up after purchasing it my fault for offroad use. Its going into my rampage MT with new OBR 30.5cc full mod engine on its way (reason why Im worried about damaging the engine).

Below is a pic of the items purchased and what ive done, basically put the 2 pre filters (they fit perfect and snug inside the UFO filter prayed them with filter oil then sprayed the outside and inside of the filter with oil and finally putting on a outerwears protection cover.

Do you guys thing this is now sufficent filtration for offroad use or is their still a chance i could damage the engine.

I usually bash on grass with a bit of dry sand here and their at the local parkway nothing too major like a sandstorm or full dirt track.

All input will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Rob!

(vids and pics to come once the OBR arrives! cheers guys).

ika

I think its better to use stock filter in sandy dirt, than k&n.

robmt

thanks for the input so far,

looks like im leaning towards ditching it what a waste of $50:(

ika

robmt said:
thanks for the input so far,looks like im leaning towards ditching it what a waste of $50:(
I think DDM will get back, if like in new condition.

Ildy666

That should work fine.u got the outerwear,k&n,and foam inside.and u run on grass u will be fine.stock is just foam.a forum member racetrack just uses the stock filter with outerwear and he raced his MT with no problems....

phreerider

that will work , run a cover!. the real problem with those type are the separation between filter and metal base and vibration with offroad. with an outer cover it'll be fine.

i would plan on something else for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts