• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tuning

Nowheretogojs

Was up at Get a Grip running today and started to lean out my MT. Got it running good on top. But 2 issues. First its getting a little warm (air temp was right around 98 99*f and prolly 95+ humidity) engine was in 250 270 range. Also I'm not getting the bottom end punch I was expecting. Any ideas? Leaning the bottom was causing the idle to come up a bit high. Also what carb comes on these out of the box?

G

If the idle comes up due to leaning you can lower the idle stop screw a bit.

The carbs are not a name brand.

Nowheretogojs

Throttle stop doesent touch even before. If i cant get it to tune with this carb I may swap it out. I see there are allot of options out there for it and don't want to over fuel it or under fuel it. Is there really that much of a difference from carb to carb? Like i hear about this 880 and seen the 686 or whatever and don't quite understand what the difference is.

Nowheretogojs

What makes one carb more suitible than the next. Venturi size or jets? Someone here has to have this info or everyone here would be going into a carb change blind.

G

Not my expertise, but there is lots of info on here. Just do a search on the topic it will keep ya reading all day :)

I have always used what is recomended. I'm sure someone will chime in.

rampage idiot

Like RCDAD said there are guys on here that have a bunch of exreriance with the carb thing like he said search and see whats out there because there is alot, I just read and ask I have only been steered in the right direction on this forum alot of good guys willing to share the info they have. The wt668 I am running is a great carb but it has a known low end bog associated with it not bad but its there, from what I see most are running a wt990 no real issues but the one thing about it is it does not have a choke, same carb as the wt813 without an accelerator pump and what I read the 813 has throttle shaft issues,ok thats what I have learned

Deluge

The stock carb is probably a 603/668 clone. Which do tend to lag on the bottom end. The 990 eliminates this lag.

I'm working on getting some official specs. I'll post them when I get them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.