• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

tune..lean..WOT...hot exhaust

johnson7454

I couldnt really find any information on any of this. its a rampage 23cc. Do you need to worry some much about the tune as nitro? What are the signs of running rich? what are the signs of running lean? Is it alright to hold wide open throttle for a few seconds? I noticed after a really hard drive that my ddm pipe is really hot. Also at wide open throttle it sounds like is was missing, kinda of like it wouldnt completely clean out. It never stuttered like it was lean, just never had that clean pitch.///???

fastlane

Team Driver
left needle High speed 1 1/2 from bottom/ right needle low speed 1 1/4 from bottom. and no you usually tune and forget about the screw driver it'll collect dust.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sprint 77

Contributor
When you hold the truck off the ground and rev it they will often sound like they are missing as you say. This is normal.

Set the truck on the ground find a smmoth grass field or parking lot make some high speed passes and come in check the plug. you shoul have a light brown color.

If you have a light tan color you are to lean.

Also make sure your using good 100% synthetic oil. If you have a local small airport get you some 100LL avgas . These two help with stay " in Tune "

Good luck if any more issues with this post some info on your research on plug color , terrain you run on , pipe using current carb settings , and Air Filter your using. so we can better and faster help you get it kickin up dirt.

387mudslinger

Contributor
if the motor is in good tune you need not turn hi or low not more then 1/4 turn and that well be if the temp drops from like 80's to 60 or below or you go 2,500 ft above sea level.or you run it at sea level you will need to tune it slightly but not more then a 1/4 turn.this is what i have had to do in those situation the weed eater motors need not much to tune. and if you have play with it to much.start over using fastlanes needle set up he posted for you good luck

DemonRC

johnson7454 said:
and is it normal for the pipe to get so hot. Also does it run leaner when the tank is almost empty?
No it will not run leaner like the nitro's do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts