• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

tt or xb

tony852

I want to get a gas buggy, I realize xb has bearing and universal drive joint problem. should I get tt instead ? what you guys think about it ? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

I have both. The TT is alot little heavier so you won't really find a gearing that gives you good takeoff/acceleration and top speed unless you pickup a decent motor. I do like the way the TT handles. The heavier car really handles the corners well.

As far as the XB bearing problem, that can be solved by purchasing upgraded knuckles from 7075RC that use the bigger 22mm bearings. Also, I have not had a CVD joint problem after and entire year of running. I think a CVD teardown and locktight job should be the first thing everybody should do. I ground a flatspot on my pins and locktighted the grub screws a year ago when I purchased the pre-release factory version from HSP. I havn't touched the CVD's since then. I take that back. I did break one last summer when I hit a Savage XL at full speed. All it did was break the CVD cup. The Savage didn't fair so well.

tony852

DemonRC said:
I have both. The TT is alot little heavier so you won't really find a gearing that gives you good takeoff/acceleration and top speed unless you pickup a decent motor. I do like the way the TT handles. The heavier car really handles the corners well.
As far as the XB bearing problem, that can be solved by purchasing upgraded knuckles from 7075RC that use the bigger 22mm bearings. Also, I have not had a CVD joint problem after and entire year of running. I think a CVD teardown and locktight job should be the first thing everybody should do. I ground a flatspot on my pins and locktighted the grub screws a year ago when I purchased the pre-release factory version from HSP. I havn't touched the CVD's since then. I take that back. I did break one last summer when I hit a Savage XL at full speed. All it did was break the CVD cup. The Savage didn't fair so well.
how about the bearing support such as the diff case and the main gear plate ? if using high quality of bearing , the diff case hold up well ?

another question is the f/r arm , they seem to be weak, some of the ramper use f/r arm of tt on xb. they are not beefy , are they ? so confused........

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

My stock 19mm diff bearings are still good. I have only replaced 1 since last June and that was because the rubber seal was going bad and let some dirt in.

Also, the front and rear arms are somewhat flexible but they do not have a problem with breakage. Like I said before I've hit a 15 lb Savage XL and full speed without breaking an arm. The flex in the arms asorb alot of damage that would otherwise snap more rigid arms.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts