• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

TT buggy

laganm21

My friend has seen my mt run and likes that its 4x4 and it can go just about anywhere, he has a Baja Bb SS, so he is thinking about getting the tt buggy and asking me some questions that i cant answer like is the TT buggy as fast or faster than a stock Baja 5b, how bad to the tires wear on them is the v1 better then the v2, i know that the v2 has the upgrade kit already installed but is had the dual steering servos that i think is a little much because my mt only has one and its plenty, and i don't mind installing the upgrade kit for him but is that the only difference between them

max 1

The 5b Is Faster In Stait Line But It Makes Up For It In Cornering ,put It On Race Track It Will Take It All The Way.

roccos_van

The B is faster because it's alot lighter. I think around 8 lbs lighter or even more. The 4wd makes up for the differnce with traction and handling. Oh i forgot the TT V2 does not come with dual steering, only the MT V2 comes with it.

kryptonite

as everyone said, the 5b has a higher top speed, but the tt is faster on a track and off the line. the tire wear is great on the tt. you can rotate them front to back as well as rotating them on the rim for inside wear. my tires are bald, but it doesn't matter so much with the 4wd. they are the stock tires it came with so maybe 2+ gallons(mostly off-road, but some on-road).. i think V1 w/upgrade kit is better couse it comes with extra stuff. you can drill out(stock) the diff cups to take the larger pin if need be, plus the V2 doesn't come with duall servo's like the mt, but be carefull, couse the tt is a little faster then your mt, less wheel wieght..

Obeast44

Banned
Also, in case it hasnt been mentioned. Stock HPI Baja 5b Rear hubs will bolt on the Rampage on all four corners allowing you to use wheels/tires designed for 5b. Im using Pro-line Desperados and Hostile MX v2s all around on mine and they are without a doubt the longest lasting tires made.

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

Obeast44 said:
Stock HPI Baja 5b Rear hubs will bolt on the Rampage on all four corners. Im using Pro-line Desperados and Hostile MX v2s all around on mine and they are without a doubt the lonegst lasting tires made.
im have an MT with desporatos and tarmacs. they seem to last a good while on the pavement. vertico 8mm axle extenders for the 5b on all 4 corners.. :cool:

laganm21

Thanks for the replies yaw are making me want the tt and what a hell of a deal at DDM for 599.99 with a side pipe , oh yeah doea the buggy have the same off road performance the mt has like very ruff teraine and hill climbs or is it get stuck a lot

hamster huey

2wd 5b/t lighter, fast acceration but spins out easy once you turn the wheel. 4wd Rampage TT heavier, pretty quick acceleration (mt good acceleration) does not spin out easy just keeps going! Something to consider is my Baja would get stuck/slow way down in tallish grass but my Ramps could go right through those places my Baja could not, probably do to the extra weight and 4wd of the Ramps. Baja is good for dragging on smooth hard sufaces, but the Ramp is better for everything else in my opinion.

forist

Contributor
I just ordered the TT at DDM awesome deal to, i got the DDM Dom side pipe and upgrade kit with the buggy for free for 599.00. Has the 23cc on it and if u find a code that works u can get a discount on stuff u order to. The one i used got me 5% off total order. U don't get radio or receiver with it tho. But that's no biggie.

kryptonite

forist said:
I just ordered the TT at DDM awesome deal to, i got the DDM Dom side pipe and upgrade kit with the buggy for free for 599.00. Has the 23cc on it and if u find a code that works u can get a discount on stuff u order to. The one i used got me 5% off total order. U don't get radio or receiver with it tho. But that's no biggie.
hey forist. i got the same deal but went with the mt. i all ready had 2 ramps, but just couldnt pass it up.. i didnt know what else to do with it, so i made it pink!!mine was $649.00 for the mt version it looks good sitting on the shelf..http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/newattachment.php?do=manageattach&p= the widow maker project 059.jpg

/monthly_2009_06/583c6059d794d_thewidowmakerproject059.jpg.be481436373737ad3a831a360bda79a4.jpg

forist

Contributor
I bought the MT steal gear set instead of the TT ones with the kit, thinking the lower gearing will help the 23cc out 31-25-25-25 i think. If not will just get the other ones.

kryptonite

forist said:
I bought the MT steal gear set instead of the TT ones with the kit, thinking the lower gearing will help the 23cc out 31-25-25-25 i think. If not will just get the other ones.
eek.. test them out, you might like them, but it flat lines pretty quick with the mt gears. this is a short vid with the stock cy23 and side dom. its pretty good out of the whole. but the mt gears are great if your running a short track or small area.

forist

Contributor
Thats not bad at all nice low end better than i thought it would be. U have some nice vids to Kryptonite thanks.

kryptonite

thanx forist:D. don't count those MT gears out, you may like them. i think they'll do good in smaller areas. but in a large open area you might miss out on the top end. i also have reversed the gears on my tt for some good top end speeds(31/29 verse 29/31), but it lags on the bottom a little.. but man does it screem!

badboy2

whats the major difference of the tt v2 and rtr?aside from the v2 being a roller?

kryptonite

badboy2 said:
whats the major difference of the tt v2 and rtr?aside from the v2 being a roller?
the V2 comes as a roller and an ARTR. as rob said, the ARTR should be in soon. the only diffrence is the upgrade kit is installed. the V2 MT has the dual stearing servos.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.