• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tourqe Screws

noyb98098

Hey Guy's,

I was out with the MT yesterday and everything ran great, 2nd time in a row!!! No issues with electronics or drive-train.. :D But when I did some after run checking I keep seeing my front and rear tourqe screws coming loose on the chasis. The part where the front diff case mounts to chasis and well as the rear. Should I switch back to regular hex screws or does this happen no matter what?

Gas Jocky

Try putting a dab of ca glue (crazy glue) on the screws before you put them in, works well and still easy to remove. Trust the glue and don't over tighten! You might be "screwed" now that you have used the torque screws as they have cut new larger threads in the plastic.

noyb98098

Liked that "screwed" part! :D So should I just keep using the tourqe screws with the crazy glue?

Gas Jocky

I'd try it both, use the torque srcews at one end and the stock screws at the other and see what works better.

kryptonite

i don't think it matters what hardware you use. its pretty tight. check to make sure your diff case isnt cracked. the suspension pin mounts? blue with the plastic pin holders have 2 nips that are recessed(?) into the chassis. those nips rip off pretty easy and put stress on the mounting hardware wich couses the case to crack around the screw holes.. thats what happened to me on both my rigs. the srews wouldnt back out, but the holes were enlarged

DemonRC

kryptonite said:
i don't think it matters what hardware you use. its pretty tight. check to make sure your diff case isnt cracked. the suspension pin mounts? blue with the plastic pin holders have 2 nips that are recessed(?) into the chassis. those nips rip off pretty easy and put stress on the mounting hardware wich couses the case to crack around the screw holes.. thats what happened to me on both my rigs. the srews wouldnt back out, but the holes were enlarged
Was just about to say that.

noyb98098

Glued in with susspension mod and have had zero issues with the screws coming out! Thanks again- truck has turned out to be a lot of fun. Been driving this more than the Baja 5b ss! :cool:

DemonRC

noyb98098 said:
Been driving this more than the Baja 5b ss! :cool:
Same here. Nothing is more fun than throwing 4 sand paddles on and throwing massive rooster tails.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts