• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Total Game Changer

G

Agreed.

It is awesome to see more technology come to the hobby.

Michaels12

I'd like to see EFI with user interface ( Powercommander)

Lots of interesting tech...what's next? Drive by google glass via cockpit camera. (Fat shark)

Reactive suspension...

G

What's cool, these features will eventually trickle into other platforms. :D

G

Deluge said:
If this ROSS system is built like their nitro ROSS system, expect to strip gears. Going to need more battery, as well.
I think that's why it was introduced on an on road. I think the dirt would prematurely wear out the gear and one way bearing.

G

With the body on it dwarfs the DBXL.

Silent_chaos

My thoughts on it: it is very cool, the electronics are great. I guess you can have a solid 80 mins run time on it with 1 tank. it is a next-gen 5th scale. i'm sure we will begin to see them on other platforms/cars. The ROSS was being sold separately by LSRC (on baja and Losi). The EFI is a 1st. However, They REALLY needed to impliment the 2 speed gearing as well (too bad they didn't).

But for a rally car, I was expecting much more concerning height (should have been lower..Come on this is a Rally car!), wheels (they could have done better, See MCD wheels and chassis height); body cosmetics (well, it sucks)

SRSLY!! Mini cooper's body on a rally car?!!!?!? They should have just gone to Subaru WRX STI /Ford Focus/ Mitsubishi EVO X.

I have seen the MCD rally cars and the 1/8 HPI Ford. they're Top notch. couldn't they have just did something similar with all the cool electronics implimented inside? i mean, I don't know if this can compete with other products. it's a 1/2 onroad 1/2 tarmac car with weird height. it's a standalone 5th scale.

Id really like to see this all incorporated on the LOSI 5T version 2.0.

EFI, ROSS, Non Flex lighter Chassis, 3 speed gearing Titanium gears, 40CC engine, Better wheels, faster HV Servos, Hydraulic brakes, lights and Horn.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Id really like to see this all incorporated on the LOSI 5T version 2.0.EFI, ROSS, Non Flex lighter Chassis, 3 speed gearing Titanium gears, 40CC engine, Better wheels, faster HV Servos, Hydraulic brakes, lights and Horn.
The problem would be the 5k+ price tag for all of that. That would be a deal killer for most.

Silent_chaos

RCDAD said:
The problem would be the 5k+ price tag for all of that. That would be a deal killer for most.
True, I think companies should make a system just like http://rc-car-online.de/shop/

it's better for the customer to see the optional upgrades to make it FULL from A to Z

But take it this way, maybe it's 5K, but you're getting a top end car racing car that needs 0 modifications.

almost every guy ends up upgrading his car. it just doesn't stop:rolleyes:

down the line, everybody wants to see their car perform better :p

You end up adding Bartoloxe Xp pipe, trenchers, Hitec HV servos, non flex Chassis. there comes a time you persuade yourself that you don't need to upgrade it anymore cz its good.

couple of months later you end up ordering those Lighter Aluminum racing parts that you have added them on your wish list :D :D

What im saying is that sooner or later, if you're in it, you'll end up putting that 5k indirectly, maybe in span of a year

it's all good tho, as long as it makes someone happy

G

I completely understand. I upgrade to my hearts consent. LOL

Most need to do it over time though. I enjoy the build just as much as the drive. So wrenching and upgrading is half the fun. :)

Silent_chaos

rcdad said:
i completely understand. I upgrade to my hearts consent. Lol most need to do it over time though. I enjoy the build just as much as the drive. So wrenching and upgrading is half the fun. :)
word! :)

Silent_chaos

I was just checking the mini, do you know how much is the ground clearance?

I wana compare it to MCD rally cars

G

I've not seen that listed. I'm guessing the Mini is higher. It is a much larger platform than the MCD. It's basically just a narrower 5ive.

Ol' fart

Are we getting to the point that we will be making car payments on are RC cars? If some company charges 5K and carries a note would you sign up?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.