• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

To buy or not to buy?

barfkoswil

I like the look of the chimera and the price is excellent, from what i can see its a solid car (not keen on the wheels though). I know this is a redcat forum so people all support them but what i want to know is this a good solid car and could i take it racing and compete against the HPI boys??

The main thing stopping me at the momment is the availabilty of spares in the UK, does anyone know where I can get them? Or do you know if other makes are compatible?

I know its a lot in one post but appreciate any help you can give me.

G

It's a great buggy.

The Chimera is the same platform as the Redcat XB and XT. The Maverick line comes from the same factory. A local store for parts would be beneficial. Waiting for parts is no fun.

John Blaze

I see no reason why you couldn't race the "hpi boys" with the chimera mine has held its own against any RC's I've raced thus far and will continue too

rcgasser

I race my chimera every weekend with HPI, King Motor and Rovan I am the only one with redcat and win several races with the chimera and several of them ask me to drive my chimera. The 2 speed and the jetpro pipe is a must!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts