• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tires

DemonRC

Bowties run really well. I've liked them alot. I've just recently started running front bowties on all 4 corners. It's much better than running all rears. I'm going to put up a thread with pictures in a minute.

kryptonite

i want to get the front hpi bow-ties as well. i am really satisfied with my stockers tho. i was able to milk them way past their life expectancy by rotating them in many ways. i have about 6 gallons on them and they are completly bald from running in the grass/dirt. the extra hight gave me good ground clearance too. i am looking forward to trying out the bow-ties tho. i was also thinking about running the 5t fronts since they are taller, but they might rip under pressure. i also really like the hostile AT's becouse they are multu purpase and last. but they are just too short for my taste.

fastlane

Team Driver
Well I have managed to start balding my tires as well and my car isn't but 2 gallons deep. I just need a solution to my problem. I think I'll try the proline bow ties my self.

fastlane

Team Driver
well I found rear hubs on ebay for 25 shipped so those are purchased. Just need to shop around for bow tie front wheels and tires

DemonRC

Your right about those FG baja wheels. They are really nice. They aren't cheap but if you really want to get an extra edge at the track that is the way to go. I think with the hostile hard foams the front Baja wheels will work really well.

hamster huey

I like excavators as well. In my experience the wide bow ties grip too much which bogs the engine down during accleration. It seemed like the ramp engine was super slow to spool up. The excavators spin a little which keeps the RPM up especially when accelerating out of a turn. The bow ties are more difficult to drift with on grass in my opinion.

DemonRC

Ya the bowties can be engine boggers in grass and churned up tracks. I've been sticking to a ported 28.5 on 31/29 gearing and it's acceptable considering the top end is good. When I want alot of low end on shorter areas I just flip the gears.

k20_94_dc

I have some proline wheels with hostile mx v2 with hostile foams and all for hubs i will sell let me know

grf

i have posted on another thread about tires and i think this is a more suitable one.

i need new tires asap and am confused between the different options available. as no tires available for the stock rims i am going for the hpi options.

the compo i like most is rear mx tires for 5t but i read some concerns about sidewall probs as the tire is too tall. isnt this a problem for the excavators ? isnt it a problem on the 5t the tall tires? the front bowties is what is available but i am not sure about having this tread pattern (2-3 lugs only spaced away one to each other). i am looking for something that will never be raced but will be bashed on various surfaces.

DemonRC

I don't see a problem bashing with tall tires. When I've expressed my concern about sidewall deflection just keep in mind that this is from a race setup standpoint. For bashing just run whatever handles well for you. All of the Baja 5B or 5T tires run fine (except the Dirtbusters).

grf

so it has only to do with how the car handles on a track lets say and it does not effect the reliability of the tire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts