• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tire / wheel question

Kaz the Minotaur

Do the HPI and aftermarket tires for the Baja fit on the Rampage buggy wheels? If not is one wider than the other?

I'm wanting to convery to buggy wheels and I am trying to decide how to do it.

Has anyone know how much weight difference there is between the stock truck and buggy wheels & tires? For those who have made the switch to buggy wheels how much of a performance increase did you notice?

Last edited by a moderator:

jaysyourhandyman

Kaz the Minotaur said:
Do the HPI and aftermarket tires for the Baja fit on the Rampage buggy wheels? If not is one wider than the other?
I'm wanting to convery to buggy wheels and I am trying to decide how to do it.

Has anyone know how much weight difference there is between the stock truck and buggy wheels & tires? For those who have made the switch to buggy wheels how much of a performance increase did you notice?
sorry they don't fit

the hpi tires and wheels have 2 different size beeds on one wheel

that HPI tire wheel set only work with each other:rolleyes:

the rampage tt tire is about 3/16'' larger than the hpi

the hpi is a few grams heavier but a lot stronger

they both give a big power boost,because they are a lot smaller and lighter than the rampage mt tires, also ezer to steer and stop, rotational weight is a big deal

i hope this helps:cool:

jaysyourhandyman

Kaz the Minotaur said:
The outside bead is one diameter and the inside is another?
ya the outside sidewall has a smaller bead,giving it more rubber on the outside

on the hpi

and the wheels have a larger hub than the rampage too

Last edited by a moderator:

mooman007uk

Banned
The best buggy wheels and tires in my personal experience are the fgbaja ones, tough wheels and awesome hard wearing tires...of course they don't fit the rampage without ams adapters that have too much offset so stick out a long ways (they're for the fgmt wheels).

The badlands are way better than the stock hpi tires so everyone says but you'll still need adapters, i just picked up 4 of the vertigo 8mm positve offset hpi rear adapters to run paddles, real nice product.....i'm hoping vertigo will make some rampage to fg adapters with minimal offset, i'm gonna run it by Clayton to see if it's worth his while. 4 fgbaja rears would be the nuts for buggy tires on the ramp

Kaz the Minotaur

What about these tires for the Hurricane / Titan? They are smaller that the Rampage truck tires but still have a truck like tread.

Do they mount on the square FG Rampage adapters that Rob sells?

30682304.jpg

jaysyourhandyman

Kaz the Minotaur said:
What about these tires for the Hurricane / Titan? They are smaller that the Rampage truck tires but still have a truck like tread.
Do they mount on the square FG Rampage adapters that Rob sells?

30682304.jpg
ys there are a ok light tire the firehammer uses those and the fg adapters are the ones you need to go with thim

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts