• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tire and Wheels

Adamsky

I have been waiting several weeks for redcat to get tires/wheels in for my XT and I think I'm done waiting. I would like to put something back on my truck with similar height and width. Can anybody give me some advice and maybe pics? Also what type of adaptors would I need to run proline or HPI wheels?

Knuckles

You can use either 7075rc Hpi adapters (which I use on mine), or you can use Ram-tech adapters. Ram-tech one extend out from stock location. I have both but like the 7075 ones better. Tires- any of the proline ones will work. I have the trenchers (all rears) but find them to be a little heavy. I also run imex j-7 baja tires and wheels but are heavy but are big. Last I also run the MCD monster truck tires. Which are very big and wide but surprisingly light. The newer MCD monster truck ones. Hope this helps a little.

Bigger and heavier tire also mean extra wear and tear on drivetrain parts

G

For the MT look I like the RAMTech adapters since they widen the track width a bit.

The 5b rear wheels will be the widest. You can mount Proline Treanchers (rears) to them. It is actually a 5t size tire. They still won't be quite as wide as the XT tires. If you mount 5b rears they will be wider but not quite as tall as the trencher.

These are rear Treanchers mounted to rear 5b size wheels.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts