• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Throttle servo

Marc101885

Yep i just joined the club where everyone's throttle servo has taken a crap. Usually it seems like they just die, mine got creative, it started a fire. Anyway it didnt damage anything, but im searching through servos and see suggestions of the hitec 645. Now do i go for the digital one ( http://h1071818.hobbyshopnow.com/products/description.asp?prod=HRC35645S )or the regular one ( http://h1071818.hobbyshopnow.com/products/description.asp?prod=HRC32645S ). This is a direct drop into the stock place, correct? Any other suggestions for a reliable servo that drops right in with no mods.

Marc101885

i just measured the old one and it is the same size as the 645 so i guess thats a drop in and so is the 5645. I have the hitec aggressor fm, do i want a digital or standard servo for the throttle

Robertm235

I use a DX3 radio so I use digital, they hold better and are more responsive. I would pay a little more now and get the digital. You will probably want to up grade your radio later. With that said there are lots of very good very fast analog servos out there. I paid $75 for mine (digital) and it is VERY fast and super strong!

Sprint 77

Contributor
Get a digital if you can afford it. This way if you ever go to a Futaba 3PM or a airtronics radio or other high end you can run the HRS mode. You will need a digital steer also to do this but you will get there anyways the steer servo will break eventually especialy if you have the MT version.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts