• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Thinking about an XBE

dl914

Hi- just staring looking at 1/5 scale but wanting it to be electric there is not a lot of offerings. I already have a 1/10 and 1/8 scale electrics but was thinking of bigger. I will mostly just bash around the back yard and won't be racing. Is this the vehicle to get? Would I be able to raise the ground clearance or put on bigger tires to make it more of a monster truck?

Thanks

DemonRC

The XBE is a great platform. It's plenty fast on the stock motor (40mph) with tons of torque. You will have lots of fun with it. I run an XB with a $800 motor and a 2 speed and still fell in love with the slower stock XBE.

There is one thing you need to be aware of before you purchase. The stock wheel hub bearings will not last long running those big wheels. You may destroy them the first day even. Upgrading to the 7075RC hubs with the larger bearings fixes that problem.

dl914

Thanks- out of town next week but maybe when I get back I'll order one. 40 mph is way fast enough for the yard- that's about what my 1/8 scale does and it seems fast enough. Not to many retailers sell these, wonder why?

G

The XT is the same platform. So the body, body posts, bumpers and wheels will all work for you. So you can make yourself a XTE:)

G

DemonRC,

I like the new signature. I hope this means your getting close to moving some merchandise:)

DemonRC

RCDAD said:
DemonRC, I like the new signature. I hope this means your getting close to moving some merchandise:)
Real close. All I have to do is inspect the finish on some random sample parts then give the shop the OK to start.

killajb

An XBE Truggy is exactly what I'm planning to build. I have an XBE already and love it. For a basher, I just like the whole monster truck theme. I've looked into other platforms, but with the modifications required it easily ramps up the price factor and just doesn't seem like I'm going to get as much in return. After some exhausting research I think I've settled on another XBE chassis with 7075 RC front and rear bearing holders, c-hubs, motor mount kit and brace. XT wheels(or Nutech, can't decide) and body.. then finish things off with a Leopard 5692 and a SportBec BEC to increase voltage to the steering servo.

G

Sound like ya got it all figured out. Post some pics when your done:)

dl914

killajb - I'll be watching your truggy build. I'm starting to get excited and will run it stock abit before I do any mods/upgrades.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts