• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The wife says yes to santa bringing a rampage but which one?

mooman007uk

Banned
Ok, the better half says ok:eek: :D , leave the webpage on and she'll secretly order one....now i don't know which to get MT or TT, I'm kinda leaning MT, got an fgbaja buggy already and with adapters for the rampage i can run either hpi rubber or fg, I understand the gearing is just reversed between truck and buggy so could also pick up redcat buggy tires also and have the best of both worlds. As far as i can tell both trucks are Identical apart from body and tires.

any input appreciated...the order will go in pretty quick so i have to leave the right page up at vancouver hobbies on the computer so santa can order one:D. gonna go with the standard model and build up myself, top end, pipe, gearplate etc as half the fun is in the build up.

Clubin

Banned
Santa goes all the way there?

I am getting a MT, Rob at Van Hobbies has my name on a clear one. Get the MT. You can run Baja tires and tims if you want to convert to TT but if you get the TT converting to MT would be a little more costly, economically I think it makes more sense to get the MT from the start.

Van Hobbies has a LOT of hoppups too, it is great to have a distributor in Canada.

mooman007uk

Banned
Yep, he has to catch the ferry though :D

I do believe you're right better off to start with an MT, the MT wheels +tires alone are about $170US...MT it is then.. that was easy...cheers clubin

Having a dealer pretty local is what swayed me toward the redcat as opposed to the C5. and it seems to be a tough truck, not many hop ups are required to make it well bashable.

I got a whole bunch of different wheels and tires so will just buy the required adapters. i think it'll look slick with my fgbaja wheels on or 4 hpi paddles

Vancouver Hobbies

Hey mooman...I'm heading to the island in a couple of weeks. I'll be in Nanaimo and Campbell River. Let me know if you want me to bring a Rampage (or 2) for you : )

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.