• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The Rampage twins at PhatDad's RC Ranch

RampageHopUps

Well, me and Phatdad had his buggy and my monster truck at his house for the day today. Tom was having a blast with the buggy and I was shooting video and pics. The buggy was doing great aroudn the track for a few tanks. Then, the rear started slipping, and the front was getting more power. We think it was a leaking diff. Phatdad will let us know over the weekend. Nothing else broke so far at least. The shock pistons definitely need some working over. We still need to dial in the shock fluid to get better rebound speed. But, as I found out, Phatdad is very knowledgeable about shocks and thier inner workings. He will have it figured out soon. One minor problem we had was one of he roll cage supports came loose and got lost. It is a plastic bar that must have gotten loose.

The Monster truck ran a few laps aroound the track, then we took it into the wash area he has for water retention. Got some great video of it blasting though a river bottom. It was great running up and down the hills on his property. I then wanted to re-tune for more power, and managed to lean seaze the 29cc kit. At least we thought it was that. I'll know Monday when I take the head off.

All in all, the buggy and truck took some beatings and some very hard hits. I was seriously suprised that nothing broke. The chassis and bumpers are very strong and the plastic seems over-designed. That may be where some of the extra weight is though!!

Videos on Monday night or Tuesday.

Merlin

Sounds like you guys had a great day. Looking forward to seeing them vids!! Escpecially the truck blasting through the river bottom.

I take it the truck had no diff issues? Intrested to hear what went wrong with the buggy.

RampageHopUps

OK, I talked with Phatdad, all he broke was the dogbone pin came out. Easy fix. We didn't think it was that easy, or we would have kept filming.

Diego

Ohh i missed it!!!! next time i would like to get a call, so i can meet you too. :mad:

tom is just 20- 30 min from my house.

RampageHopUps

I snuck out from vacation with the family, so I didn't know when I would be there or for how long. Next time I will stay for a few days.

H7cmb

I got a chance to drive the buggy around Phats track. It corners like a 1/8 buggy. It felt like I was cheating compared to my baja. I might have to get one of these some day. Looking fwd to the video.

PhatDad

RampageHopUps said:
OK, I talked with Phatdad, all he broke was the dogbone pin came out. Easy fix. We didn't think it was that easy, or we would have kept filming.
The dowel pin fell out of the dog in the first couple mins of running the buggy. This was days before Rob came over. I thought the front wheels just pulled harder than the rears. The fix was easy. I just pressed in a new 4mmx20mm pin with some lock tight. WOW !!! that buggy was hauling around the track now. :D

Merlin

Do you think it would be worth while doing some preventative maintenance to the pins befre running then, or do you feel it was just a one off? Are any of the other pins loose at all?

PhatDad

Merlin said:
Do you think it would be worth while doing some preventative maintenance to the pins befre running then, or do you feel it was just a one off? Are any of the other pins loose at all?
Honestly I believe it was a one off. The hole was over sized.

RampageHopUps

Here are some quick pics.

Size3.jpg

GBE1.jpg

/monthly_2008_06/Size3.jpg.50b49b80b280ba81d8c632873bb6950a.jpg

/monthly_2008_06/GBE1.jpg.828c4b841b76e582b0aebf4223b156b6.jpg

PhatDad

Here a couple pics of the buggy. Looking forward to Robs video even though the buggy was front wheel drive only. Actually it was pretty fun driving a front wheel drive buggy.

IMG_1827_2-1.jpg

IMG_1837_2-2.jpg

BOOTS

PhatDad said:
Honestly I believe it was a one off. The hole was over sized.
no ways its a one off, every one i know with a rampage has lost a pin on at least one bone!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts