• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The pits

BertR

Ok guy's I went back to stock position with the gears ,threw the front bones in and went to 45wt in the shocks. The bog is gone with a ton more snap on throttle and to be honest I don't see much difference in the top end " still fast enough for me " it's not a dragster

Dreggsta

Very nice vid bert. Thanks for posting it. :)

Trip.. said:
I thought it sounded tall as well, like it was starting out in second gear. Kermit sounded like that with the 25's all around, I didn't like it so I went back to stock with a and b swapped.What are the stock xt gears?

I wonder if we could use the Nutech gear setup instead? It's only 2 gears and it would do away with a ton of rotating mass.
Not to hijack this thread but what is this "a & b" set up y'all referenced?

BertR

Thanks for the nice comment.. The A and B gears are the first 2 gears on the tranny plate Agear is at the clutch bell and the B is the center outside gear

Dreggsta

Thanks a bunch for that link. I bookmarked it. So what ya'll were saying about swapping gears is that you moved gear a to the b position & b to to the a position?

BertR

That is correct. It will change the ratio some, say that your xb is stock position and you swapped the A-B you will have less toque and more top end. My platform was originally a XT that why I say XT gears but looks like a XB now

Dreggsta

Huhh, ok. The c & d gears in that link are both 25t's. I guess if gear c is a 26t & gear d is a 24t then that's effectively making both of them 25t's. It'd be nice if there was a place where the xt, xb & mt's gears were listed. Including the center, rear & front diff. The manual lists different tooth gears but doesn't say for which model the gears are set up for/in (if that makes sense).

Last edited by a moderator:

BertR

The pic of the gears are for reference only They are not for the xt xb or xsc I just wanted to give you an idea what the A and B gears were located

G

The manual lists different tooth gears but doesn't say for which model the gears are set up for/in (if that makes sense).
The gears can be universal to the Redcats. The V3 MT & Dune Runner use a 4 pin mounting system. The X-series vehicles use a drive square. So you just need to order the appropriate style.

Dreggsta

ok thanks bert. very helpful.

very good info rcdad. thank you.

i would like to know what has what gears tho. be nice if the manual listed that instead of counting gear teeth.

G

The Redcat manuals leave a lot to be desired. In some cases wrong information is printed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts