• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The pits

BertR

I took the "B" out for a run at my favorite bash spot to find the sand was wet about a inch down and ruts like no tomorrow. The trip starts with a flooded power plant then a broken rear bone "thats 2 times in this spot" I had a spare with me and problematic on/off switch on the car. Did I mention that it was hard to keep wheels down paddles in the sand.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37eGPWLJYzQ[/ame]

G

Damn,... I need to find some local sand! That's a nice spot.

Are you run'n 2WD there? I don't see any roosters from the front.

BertR

The dang thing takes a country mile to turn full speed so I pulled the fronts to get some maneuverability.I might go back tomorrow with the fronts turning and different tires and a new pipe coupler.Not sure if you could hear it at the end roll over I popped the hose on the pipe lol. That spot on camera is about 2% of the sand pit and great if you can get fresh tracks after a good wind storm.

BertR

If I was near farewell bend this would be a fishing trip at brown res :D This is in southern Idaho about 30 miles south west of SunValley

G

The dang thing takes a country mile to turn full speed so I pulled the fronts to get some maneuverability.
I was breaking in the RCMK in the X-Bug today just in the yard. I noticed it is hard to turn with paddles out front. I will be installing a stronger steering servo. The Losi pullout servo isn't going to cut it. I have the servo saver spring cranked almost as tight as it goes. If I gas it with the wheels turned the paddles pull them straight and just pulls the servo saver apart.

G

Your right about paddles in the grass. Chews it down to the dirt!

BertR

I am getting massive play in the posts and the servo saver is tight as heck, after all I am still running the stock steering servo still and that could be my problem as well.

G

We need the 7075RC steering rack!

Trip..

RCDAD said:
I was breaking in the RCMK in the X-Bug today just in the yard. I noticed it is hard to turn with paddles out front. I will be installing a stronger steering servo. The Losi pullout servo isn't going to cut it. I have the servo saver spring cranked almost as tight as it goes. If I gas it with the wheels turned the paddles pull them straight and just pulls the servo saver apart.
I have a set of 7" all terrains that I swiped off my Hobbypro Mutilator that does the same thing.. I went back to my 6" Marder tires and it turns pretty well.

I agree we need a decent steering rack...

BertR

HeyTrip, I am running the xt gears with A and B swaped. I am thinking about going back to origanal gear position to get a little more bite on throttle punch

Trip..

I thought it sounded tall as well, like it was starting out in second gear. Kermit sounded like that with the 25's all around, I didn't like it so I went back to stock with a and b swapped.What are the stock xt gears?I wonder if we could use the Nutech gear setup instead? It's only 2 gears and it would do away with a ton of rotating mass.

2011092006.jpg

2011092006.jpg

/monthly_2013_03/2011092006.jpg.f60b446c4743cb3b079d80f2b12a5071.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BertR

It is tall for sure! I need more power if im going to run that gear, the home port job made a improvement but nothing like the pro's can do.Stumpdiggitty and I thought about hitting the sand today but was given a nice surprise of 2 inches of snow

G

On the Redcats the space between the clutch shaft and lay shaft is greater. That means the gears would have to be larger. Steal would be preferable. Two large steal gears might be heavier than the current setup. It would be far smoother than the current setup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts