• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

the new "RAGE" rig

kryptonite

ok so its here. been working on it all day! ITS HUGE!! with the size of those tires its understandable why it has so much low end lag. and of course things are gona break while cart-wheeling.. i think its a well built rig. everything has a good amount of beef to it. im really glad i went with this rig! so the carnage: opened the box and the body was cracked. ya, not so happy. the body is pretty bad. it seems like the mold wasnt right. you can see all the patch work on it. i just super glued it and painted it. even if redcat will give be a replacement i don't want it. i tor it down and installed some of my hop-ups kit and a clutch spring, 45wt in the front and 55wt in the rear shocks, diff grease and such. everything seemed to be just fine except those crappy servos witch i was going to keep but then heard the LOUD noise that came out of them and put in my scanner-rc servos witch just rock. i didnt need it but was suprised to find a failsafe in the radio box.. thanx! so i got it painted and all back together and took him out. we have probly 8"-10" inches of "old" snow, but i ran it for 1.5 tanks and what a blast! kinda sluggish, but i'll fix that. would still be out there but the battery died. im able to run ontop of the snow as we just had an ice storm. the parking lot was a blast too. towards the end of my run i had enough courage to "launch" it. flying that "RAGE" beast 10' in the air is a sight to be seen. (snow banks).. it lands hard and i wouldnt have done it, but the snow helps.. had an absolute blast!!! i'll be getting the tt next. i think for the money its a reall good rig. i was expecting something to break, but nothing.. here are some pics.. i didnt spend as much time on the body couse IT SUCKS!! BUT IVE GOTTIN MY FIX UNTIL THIS SATURDAY!!

redcatrampage011.jpg

redcatrampage003.jpg

redcatrampage007.jpg

redcatrampage014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Clubin

Banned
Looks good, They are a blast to drive. It takes a bit for the gears to wear in, sepecially in the cold, I have put quite a few tanks through mine and the ABCD gears are still extremely tight. Glad to hear you are happy.

yolonda21

Contributor
Do yourself a favor a aplly fiberglass drywall tape and shoe goo to the entire inside of your body and it will last way longer. The first time you land on your lid without it , it will break in half...............i've been there.........lol

lancier

Good tip Yolonda21...i did something like that to strenghten my truck's body and it has sure paid off.

Lancier Racing152.jpg

/monthly_2008_11/583c6054a02b4_LancierRacing152.jpg.bf0974308b07390bddb8cf8c2230d4bd.jpg

Bklyn77

That body looks like mine:eek:

P1020305 (Large).jpg

/monthly_2009_01/583c6054a2f8a_P1020305(Large).jpg.82ed51bfe93e5eb8695e966bc8883500.jpg

yolonda21

Contributor
Hey if you have all the peices you can put it back together, trust me i did it.........shoo goo...... you will love it.

Clubin

Banned
yolonda21 said:
Hey if you have all the peices you can put it back together, trust me i did it.........shoo goo...... you will love it.
LOL it'll be like a puzzle every time you crash, more pieces every time. Get yourself a MCD MT body.

Clubin

Banned
NitroBurn said:
That looks bad. Redcat needs to get these bodies made out of lexan.
I'd rather them leave the prices as they are, we can upgrade the bodies when they bust. Remember they don't break on their own, you gotta hit somthing. We all knew going in that the bodies had a bit to be desired.

yolonda21

Contributor
Clubin..your missing the point to save these bodies you really should do the shoo goo /fiberglass drywall tape to the whole body before you run the thing then this wont happen. It is one of the upgrades that needs to be done, before you run. My body is beat to hell but its still in one peice. When i do replace it though it wont be another redcat body, you are right about that.

yolonda21

Contributor
NO don't boil it they shrink in the heat, don't leave it in a hot car in the summer either..................lol

Clubin

Banned
I understand what you are trying to accomplish, and more power to you. I don't think it is any better to make the body weigh more, when mine breaks it goes in the garbage. I have a couple different bodies I can put on. There are good bodies on the market.

kryptonite

as in my origanel post, the body was cracked when it was shipped, redcat is sending a replacement. the next body i will get is the mcd. im completly fine with the crappy redcat body as it helps with keeping the price down.. plus, it was -10*f.. freakin cold. the carnage was a resoult of missing the snow at least 10' in the air and coming straight down on the concrete. but what really pisses me off the most? i had my "flip" digatil recorder strapped to my radio and thought it was recording. i was sooo excited that i cought that on camera, but when i got home nothing.. wasnt recording. thats when i got mad. forgot to push play!!!

Clubin

Banned
kryptonite said:
as in my origanel post, the body was cracked when it was shipped, redcat is sending a replacement. the next body i will get is the mcd. im completly fine with the crappy redcat body as it helps with keeping the price down.. plus, it was -10*f.. freakin cold. the carnage was a resoult of missing the snow at least 10' in the air and coming straight down on the concrete. but what really pisses me off the most? i had my "flip" digatil recorder strapped to my radio and thought it was recording. i was sooo excited that i cought that on camera, but when i got home nothing.. wasnt recording. thats when i got mad. forgot to push play!!!
Yes, the cold does nasty stuff. That sounds like it would have been a good vid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts