• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tell Me

angryrecords

I've checked out the electrics and nitros on redcat site, think they bolth look cool as hell. Since I never had an electric rc, I was think of possibly getting one from redcat. I'm not sure wich though cuz they all look cool. Can someone tell me wich is best for a little off road track. Not sure if i should get 1/10 or 1/8 because I don't know how big of a difference it makes with the electrics. Also if you have any tips about electric please share them with me. I'd like to have at least one nice electric car or truck that I can get parts for and upgrade parts for. Also Does anyone know how long it will be before new electric redcats come out? Thanks

pipeous

go with a 1/8. 1/10 are great on a nice track but a 1/8 is just that much tougher. I saw a redcat 1/8 buggy here converted to brushless and it was tough as hell. he added a bunch of kyosho bling to it as well. nice.

Obeast44

Banned
A buddy of mine has the 1/10 brushless onroad car. It hauls ass and hasnt broken anything. Definitely worth what he paid for it.

angryrecords

I want to get the electric cuz it will be easy for my gf to learn before I get her into the nitro and gas. I thought about getting her the 1/10 crawler but I would not have the patience for it and I am afraid she might get bored after awhile. From what I see so far, I like the Backdraft electric 1/8. Well thanks for the dirt guys, It's good to know you can build up the rc's and not have issue's with a lot of breaking parts. I like watching the prototype redcat videos. There is so much to learn. Ok well if anyone has more advice or tips, your welcome to spill it out here.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Hey angryrecords....my LHS is a full blown RedCat Dealer...I am there like once a week (minimum..LOL) He sells them like crazy and almost no complaints. The Backdraft looks hella cool ...I've seen the Aftershock run at our local track ...surprisingly fast out of the box...

They are hands down IMHO the best trucks for the money PERIOD.. They actually come with decent Lipo Batteries! (all other electrics usually only come with real crap NiMh) so they really are RTR...(*You will want to get a decent battery charger soon and some larger capacity batteries after that but that doesn't have to be right away)

Obviously I say go for it... :D

BTW what ever one you decide on it's good to know they're all the same platform, lot's of interchangeable parts..

Last edited by a moderator:

angryrecords

Sweet, I like what I'm hearing. I've seen some cool parts and hopups on the net for the electric and nitro's, looks very good to me. I think I have the battery charger's covered for the most part, I'm sure the car comes rtr so that is cool. Is there anything else I will need for the car to take care of it besides spare parts? I have all the stuff to clean my nitro cars and keep them driving but like I said I never owned electric before and I don't know what I will need to take care of it if anything special.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts