• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

swapping a/b

kryptonite

has any body tried the 35/25 gear combo for a/b. that is simpl swapping a/b. i know the mt suffers at the bottom end and this wont help. but what kinda top end are you getting from that?

Simsy

It would take for ever to get up to speed but once it is going fast enought for the pipe to come on it would fly and yes I did this once by mistake and it was really slow of the line and was almost out of range by time the pipe came on.

kryptonite

thats what i thought, couse the mt is a "dog" just the way it is. but it shows that being #8 on the gear option chart.

yolonda21

Contributor
I tried it with a stock 23cc and xcan, with mt tires and after one run down the street i hit a whopping 26 mph and the clutch bell was 356 degrees, then i put paddles on and tried it with better results hit 38 mph.

After this i think the higher gears really need a bigger motor, to pull these monsters around . Anyone else try it?

BOOTS

was there when simsy did it, wasn't as bad as he makes it sound but was definatley sluggish on take off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts