• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Suspension limiting straps

Cadimman

With these heavy MT tires I think I will pull the shocks apart when jumping. I have straps on my Baja but don't see how I could mount something lime that on my Rampage. My chassis does not have q ace for droop screws.

How are you guys running yours? Is there a hop up to do here?

csp1971

Contributor
Cadimman said:
With these heavy MT tires I think I will pull the shocks apart when jumping. I have straps on my Baja but don't see how I could mount something lime that on my Rampage. My chassis does not have q ace for droop screws.
How are you guys running yours? Is there a hop up to do here?
I did it like this. Not perfect, but it works.

IMG_7125.jpg

csp1971

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Hood's Hobbies used to have some limiting straps @DDM that were easy to shorten and use on the Rampage
How did you shorten those? I bought them and ended up just using them on my Baja.

csp1971

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
I had my mom use a "seam ripper" on where they were sewn then shortened them up and had her resew it to the new length.
LOL. So you should have said they were easy for your mom to shorten....without her sewing ability, you may have ended up possibly doing my crappy little mod! :D

Cadimman

I forgot to mention I have aluminum arms. I was thinking of drilling and tapping a hole but didn't like how the strap would hit the upper arm.

csp1971

Contributor
Cadimman said:
I forgot to mention I have aluminum arms. I was thinking of drilling and tapping a hole but didn't like how the strap would hit the upper arm.
I have aluminum arm now. Drilled a hole in the lower arm. Rubs on the upper arm, but with my 33 pounds of tt rolling around, I don't think it hurts anything.

Cadimman

csp1971 said:
I have aluminum arm now. Drilled a hole in the lower arm. Rubs on the upper arm, but with my 33 pounds of tt rolling around, I don't think it hurts anything.
Got a pic?

Which cables did you use?

forist

Contributor
Here are the ones I have, Bought the ones from Hood's Hobbies they were black so I bought some strap material and put them together by hand sewing them. Takes a bit of time to do by hand but works very well.

Cadimman

Wow. I lime those!

I bought some cable yesterday and started building some. Just undecided on mounting points.

LightForce

Obeast44 said:
I had my mom use a "seam ripper" on where they were sewn then shortened them up and had her resew it to the new length.
You can just twist them once they too long or they stretched after use.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts