• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

suspension height

Jgilk1

is there any way to increase the actuall height of the rampage mt v3? i mean the usupension setup is like that of a stadium truck more then a monster truck....???

DanSpd

I beleive you would need longer shocks and cvd's.

Also possibly would need different kind of cvd mounting. When your truck is in air with fully extented shocks and you land with wheels turned either way then cvds will break or diff cups will. So yea, longer shock, cvd or different style cvds

Jgilk1

so this is the reason all the "monster trucks" have stadium style suspension instead a live axel.... go figure well i guess im just going to have to come up with some thing to fix this oh well :(

Martin

Those little cars and trucks goes very fast and sometime on a very rought terrain, i don't think that a solid axle will handle very well.

Like Danspd said, you cannot put more suspention travel........ the dogbone ball are too small, it will bind and break the diff cup.

There is a cheap way to increase the height in using HPI 5b rear shock, but you will have to make your own diff cup and dogbone with bigger ball end, or make it CVD style.

Jgilk1

pipeous said:
or bigger tires ;)
yeah there are 2 problems with larger wheels and tires....

do they exist and will the stock setup be able to keep up with the increase in unsprung weight and replacement of the dogbone as well as the diff cup is emminant....

i can deal with a lack of stadium truck style suspension for that of a live axle and 4-link.... the ability to crawl and actuall to scale setup is more of what i want ....as well as preform much softer landings having the shocks mounted vertical instead of @ a 15*.... i have got most of it designed out in my head..... we shall see how funds go

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts