• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Super Bee installation questions

amstel78

GoffeeRedCat said:
If youre running the stock Redcat radio, you don't need the external failsafe!! the Stock receiver has that built in!! here a video!!
Thank you! I didn't realize the stock receiver had a failsafe built in. I only saw a bind button on the RX and didn't know that the button doubled up as the way to activate the failsafe.

amstel78

GoffeeRedCat said:
No prob dude!! But if you have the Kill Switch you really don't need the failsafe!!
I know... I just like the fact that the failsafe applies the brakes at the same time the motor shuts off.

amstel78

Got home and pulled the external failsafe. The receiver was already set to apply brakes with loss of signal so now I even question whether or not the external unit was working!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

rampagemt

Ya the stick controller has it built in so I'm sure the failsafe you unplugged wasn't doing anything. I still don't understand why they include it. Maybe they should skip on that and add that money somewhere else on the truck

Shalako

amstel78 said:
I'm still using the stock Redcat radio and receiver so that meant having to use the Y-cable between the steering servo and Killer Bee.
Any pics of this? My new MT V3 receiver is 3 channel but I don't believe my transmitter is. It is the stock RCR-2C 2.4 GHz.

Also any tips on removing the engine shroud to install the kill switch at the ignition coil terminals?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rampagemt

When I install the killer be on the coil I pull the coil off its easier to get the connectors on the coil. And then regap with a business card between coil and flywheels magnet.

Shalako

Thank you both. Looks like I need a Y-splitter. Can I get it at Radio Shack or is there a good site that sells them?

rampagemt

Ddm has them I would post a link for ya but on my phone. Wait what radio are you using dude? If its the stock you can hook it into the 3rd channel and kill it via the power button on the radio as its a 2 channel

Shalako

rampagemt said:
Ddm has them I would post a link for ya but on my phone. Wait what radio are you using dude? If its the stock you can hook it into the 3rd channel and kill it via the power button on the radio as its a 2 channel
That would be perfect. Kill the transmitter and it shuts off. Thanks man.

rampagemt

Anytime. The benefit from using a 3 channel radio is you can kill the motor and still steer the vehicle and use brakes if its not out of range. I still use a 2 channel tho for a few of mine and find no issues with it . Good luck and hope you figure it out. Did you get the killswitch hooked onto coil and all ready?

G

I believe you can use the third channel spot on the receiver. It is a live port. It just is not controlled by the radio. You still activate the switch by shutting off the transmitter.

blak__jak

you can just use the third spot on the rx as stated but make sure you set endpoints for shutdown. I've got my d/r setup like that but when I first installed the kill switch I forgot to set throttle to zero at shutdown and it would go to about 3/4 throttle for the second or so until motor had time to completely shut off.

Shalako

rampagemt said:
Anytime. The benefit from using a 3 channel radio is you can kill the motor and still steer the vehicle and use brakes if its not out of range. I still use a 2 channel tho for a few of mine and find no issues with it . Good luck and hope you figure it out. Did you get the killswitch hooked onto coil and all ready?
Not yet. Trying to see how to get the shroud off.

Are setting the end points easy?

G

You just need to make sure the servo stops pushing right before the end of steering travel. Very easy to do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts