• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stuck Up HPI Clowns

DustyR3825

Banned
My LHS is only about HPI and what I laugh at is I could count on one hand how many parts they carry for there 5th scale models. In all the years I have been going there I have only seen "1" 5th scale on display which was a 5T. They always give me crap for having a Redcat and not buying a BAJA. They will say Dusty with the money you have spent on that Redcat you could have bought 2 BAJA's. (Probably why I don't buy vehicles or parts there anymore unless I have too) After reading on here and several other forums I learn that people spend 3k+ on there HPI's easy......

The truth is I love my XB and have NO Regrets with my purchase or the money I spend upgrading it. I just don't understand why people are so judgemental....

G

If you really want to get their panties in a bunch, get your self a full aluminum including wheels 2 speed King Motor for about $1000. Take it down and show it off. You then will see all the nice words they can share with you.Lol The funny thing is, is we blame the consumer for buying. When in reality if we didn't have pruducts manufactured over there they would not copy. :)

Keith81

Redcats rock, My LHS carries both HPI and Redcat, and they are more into the Redcats now, the owner always asks what parts he should carry in stock for the MT's as he knows I own two....

cordy

Well thier just po cuz they have so much money invested in thier bajas they want everyone else to be baja broke. Hpi has priced themselves right out of the market.Allways better to have two redcats than one hpi.This is my investment,xb,new=$400,fg leapord(buggy) used=$450,xt used=$375. Total=$1275. I am far better off with these three than one baja. don't get me wrong it`s tough to support more than one plat form.On the other hand if one breaks I can use one of the others till it gets fixed. I say God bless the clones to get people into one fifth. Can you imagine the thrill a youngerster will get driving a large scale? A father could buy two baja clones at hobby king for $800,and let thier kids have at it with thier own large scale for less than some 1/8 nitros.The only thing the baja has is the aftermarket support.That being said I guess it`s all in one`s perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keith81

cordy said:
Well thier just po cuz they have so much money invested in thier bajas they want everyone else to be baja broke. Hpi has priced themselves right out of the market.Allways better to have two redcats than one hpi.This is my investment,xb,new=$400,fg leapord(buggy) used=$450,xt used=$375. Total=$1275. I am far better off with these three than one baja. don't get me wrong it`s tough to support more than one plat form.On the other hand if one breaks I can use one of the others till it gets fixed. I say God bless the clones to get people into one fifth. Can you imagine the thrill a youngerster will get driving a large scale? A father could buy two baja clones at hobby king for $800,and let thier kids have at it with thier own large scale for less than some 1/8 nitros.The only thing the baja has is the aftermarket support.That being said I guess it`s all in one`s perspective.
Well put Cordy.

Redcat is gettin more and more aftermarket support as well now though which is good for us redcat geeks!!!

I love my redcats and wouldnt want a 2wd baja any day of the week...

LightForce

DustyR3825 said:
My LHS is only about HPI and what I laugh at is I could count on one hand how many parts they carry for there 5th scale models. In all the years I have been going there I have only seen "1" 5th scale on display which was a 5T. They always give me crap for having a Redcat and not buying a BAJA. They will say Dusty with the money you have spent on that Redcat you could have bought 2 BAJA's. (Probably why I don't buy vehicles or parts there anymore unless I have too) After reading on here and several other forums I learn that people spend 3k+ on there HPI's easy......The truth is I love my XB and have NO Regrets with my purchase or the money I spend upgrading it. I just don't understand why people are so judgemental....
To Make Baja 5B reliable I spent 4k on it it lasted couple weeks then all the major upgrades started to break apart.

DustyR3825

Banned
LightForce said:
To Make Baja 5B reliable I spent 4k on it it lasted couple weeks then all the major upgrades started to break apart.
Ouch! What about the Losi?? Do you think its over priced?? Personally I think so......you could buy three Redcats.....

XBENOOB

I totally agree...

I Love my XB-E.... Half the fun is tinkering with it and upgrading it...

I purchased mine for $700, spent another $700 in redcat upgrades...

Spent a lot of time tweaking it (burnt a few ESC's and motors during the process) and learning everything about it.. It's a blast to drive, and just as much fun to break down and rebuild it...

Total damage spend on my XB-E is about 3k... And I'm still spending more....

Buying the aluminum lower arms for it Front and Rear.... :D

Thinking about buying some nice aluminum wheels for it..

Nice thing about this is that the my new mad gear uses the front tires from the baja 5t/5b and my XB-E uses the rears from the baja 5t/5b

so I will buy two sets, and mix and match... :D

fluxn81

Your lhs owners are obviously one sided and that's sad being that the RC world is very diverse. The subject of which brand is better is pointless. All brands have their pros and cons and nothing is completely bullet proof.

I've invested a lot in Bajas and in my XB-E. A bad landing and either of them would go down.

G

Amen Cordy.

After all they all are just a bunch of toys no matter how serious we are into them. My 9 & 6 year olds both have shredders and they just love them. As soon as they can demonstrate their ability to to start a gasser I will get them their choice of a Redcat or king motor. I like the DRs 4wd but their are not enough hop ups for it. I can already see the interest in my 9 yr old on the building of of the car. And loves He the Baja look as well as the buggies.

G

Redcats rock, My LHS carries both HPI and Redcat, and they are more into the Redcats now, the owner always asks what parts he should carry in stock for the MT's as he knows I own two....
Your lucky I have yet to be in one out here that impresses me. I think the market out here is to shitty. No one wants to stock much of any thing. Some times I can't even get a part I need for my sons stampedes. I'm honestly thinking of opening up shop. I could use my current location for my other business so I would not have any retail overhead other than inventory. I don't know, just an idea for now. I am also right up the street from a RC air park.

Deluge

Who cares? It's your money, do what you want with it. As far as I'm concerned, unless you're the one paying for their $3,000 habit, you have no room to talk. Simple as that.

Deluge

fluxn81 said:
Your lhs owners are obviously one sided and that's sad being that the RC world is very diverse. The subject of which brand is better is pointless. All brands have their pros and cons and nothing is completely bullet proof.I've invested a lot in Bajas and in my XB-E. A bad landing and either of them would go down.
Completely agree. Running WOT into a tree will always level the field.

Loud72

My 4 local RC buddies I run with all have 5B's and have put double the money I have in my Cat in and they all break just as much parts if not more then I do when we bash or race. The fun part is how they all are impressed at the quickness around a track with my 4wd on my Dune Runner. Puts a smile on my face everytime ;) Oh, and my LHS only has a very small selection of 5B and 5T parts so I get all my spares online.

G

It crazy to be brand loyal if you are a retailer. It limits your market.

cordy

Also it may be a learning tool for the kids,get them a cheap clone and let them have at it supporting thier platform,have to cut the grass,do the dishes ect to get the money to buy thier parts,but being parents we would help them on the costly parts.You know at 68yrs old, I have a couple of my kids in prision thier in thier late 40`s but when we play with the 1/5th`s thier just as excited as if they were 18 and thats priceless. God I love this hobby it`s so theraputic!

LightForce

DustyR3825 said:
Ouch! What about the Losi?? Do you think its over priced?? Personally I think so......you could buy three Redcats.....
It`s expensive but not overpriced. Might be quality truck but at 38 pounds it`s overweight accel. and cornering sucks you will need atleast 6hp to keep up with 3 Hp XB. I would rather spend money on 28 pounds MCD Race Runner V4. Losi its huge but looks and its made good but too heavy for my style of driving. :)

DustyR3825

Banned
LightForce said:
It`s expensive but not overpriced. Might be quality truck but at 38 pounds it`s overweight accel. and cornering sucks you will need atleast 6hp to keep up with 3 Hp XB. I would rather spend money on 28 pounds MCD Race Runner V4. Losi its huge but looks and its made good but too heavy for my style of driving. :)
I guess that I shouldnt say its overpriced....There are some things that I do like about it, one being the 7mm shock shafts. That is one of the main things I always bend or brake....LOL

max 1

i have a 5t & 3 red cats i like all four of them , when my 5t breaks i think about tearing it apart or do it later, red cats just do it now ,easy to fix,and yes no matter what u pay for 1/5th they all brake just the same as any,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts