• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

stock servos

redcatmt

?????

I was just wondering if the stock servos on the rampage mt really that bad???

I was not going to be running to hard with truck.....probably 80% road and 20% dirt..........will they last a while or do I need to chang them out right away?

Thanks

J

M

magnum57

stock servos are fine. use them until they break. i just had bad luck with the inport servos in the past and replaced them before that became and issue.

GeneralG

I'm impressed with the steering servo so far. The throttle/break servo although metal geared is a bit slow. I had the white wire come out of the throttle/break servo in the first 10 minutes of running the buggy. I replaced it with an Airtronics 94357 servo. Maybe RedCat will replace the throttle/break servo for me?

The steering servo is on par with the HPI baja servo. Actually think it is a bit better. I'm keeping it in the buggy till it dies, if it ever does.

redcatmt

thanks GeneralG.............

you think it will (steering servo)hold up in monster truck???

Thanks

J

PaintenDave

MY THROTTLE/BRAKE SERVO STOP WORKING ON THE MT TODAY ALSO/ AND I JUST ORDER SOME STUFF TO/ WHAT A DRAG! Peace!

Just_Gerald

I replaced the throttle servo right away, but i too am inpressed witht the steerign servo in the MT, it will almost turn the tires dry.

fourwheeler

The 945 has pretty good specs;

Class: High Torque

Digital: No

Programmable: No

Voltage: 4.8v or 6.0v

General Specs:

- Bearings: Dual BB

- Gears: Metal

- 60° speed: .16 sec @ 4.8v

- 60° speed: .12 sec @ 6.0v

- Torque: 122.00 oz/in @ 4.8v

- Torque: 153.00 oz/in @ 6.0v

-- 1.60 x.80x1.50 inches

- 2.00 ounces

Applications:

- CCPM Helicopter

- Competition Helicopter

- Competition Sailplane

- Competition Airplanes

- High Torque

- Off-Road Car

- On-Road Car

M

magnum57

i put a Hitec HS5745MG servo for the steering and a Hitec HS645MG for the throttle and brake. Great responce.

redcatmt

well I just wanted to know....I can get a hitec 945mg for 50.00 shipped or a hitec 645mg for 40.00 shiipped thru tower hobbies.

Which is the better deal????

Thanks

J

fourwheeler

The 645 is what I used in my FG, it should be equally effective in the Red Cat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts