• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stock exhaust stinger?

nitrorulz

I noticed the "remove the stock stinger" on the list of things to do, but was wondering if it makes a mess with the body on? I ran my Ramp yesterday for the first time after all the go overs were done, and the stock pipe came out of the muffler coupler, and it was like I hit the NOS button!

When it started running way better, I ran it over to me, and noticed the pipe had came out of the coupler. I knew it would help, but was running with no body on for the first check it out session, but will run the body here after. I would love to leave the pipe off til I decide to get a perf pipe, but don't want a mess underneath.

Anyone here run no stinger/pipe with the body on? If so, does it make a mess?

Piranha2

Contributor
Yes, both my body's drip with oil after running. But I was 25:1 and now I'm 32:1 premix.......still messy though.

kryptonite

i ran with no stinger(in the begining) and i didnt have any mess. alot of it depends on the oil you use. a quality 2 stroke wont have as much "blow throu" as a normal 2 cycle oil. not sure what pirana is using, but when ever i use my "spare" blend i get alot of oil deposits. im running castor927 race blend with an X-can and no stingers(38:1) and i have absolutly no smoke and no oil deposit on my shell. i wouldnt worry about it. lean out your mix to a 32:1 and use a good synthetic blend.. also if you get bored, pull that can pipe off and pull the backing out of it. it will be louder with a slight bit more punch, but the packing don't come out easy. it took me about 30minutes with a little bit of cussing..

POWERSPORTS

New stingerMine also fell off & noticed lots more low torque so I made a new pipe out of 3/4 elec. conduit. Use a piece of silicone spark plug boot slide it over the muffler pipe & slide the conduit over it. Use a spring to hold it on. Only have 1 short run on it. I use Ipone oil smells like strawberries.

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

/monthly_2009_06/IMG_1589.jpg.e17b12a4a2658356e0a4864aaf22e8b2.jpg

/monthly_2009_06/IMG_1590.jpg.f0ed3ad342293e7f33598461c14ab301.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nitrorulz

Yeah I've always ben into 2 stroke atv's etc. so I only use Bel-ray, and now Redline synthetic always at 32:1. I never run 20:1 or 25:1. I guess I'll give it a shot with no pipe and see, but I don't want my body all messing underneath!

I laid down a decent paint job, and I'll try to post a couple pics tom.

hamster huey

If you want a boost without spending the $ on a "tuned pipe" the 5T is supposed to have larger can muffler thats between a stock and a tuned pipe. They usually go on ebay for less than $20 shipped!

mooky

Contributor
hamster huey said:
If you want a boost without spending the $ on a "tuned pipe" the 5T is supposed to have larger can muffler thats between a stock and a tuned pipe. They usually go on ebay for less than $20 shipped!
the 5t high flow is a great pipe but the cheapet option i found was an fg tuned pipe at £15 brand new, it has a side exit so one small hole in the shell and a 2 inch silicone tube and you are power sliding!

mooky

hamster huey

I am interested. Where is a good place to get the FG pipe you mentioned? I am in Kansas USA.

mooky

Contributor
i did a lot of searching but you can get them from

hobbythek in germany

or fleabay is your best bet i will post a pic later for you

if i get a chance

mooky

Piranha2

Contributor
I'm using Catrol Synthetic 2-stroke, but as I stated that was at 25:1 premix and now I'm 32:1 (still run her rich though) but I have a mess because it loads up huge on the walk into the area I run at (approx 1 mile) so when I finally open her up I blow out all the residue. And Kryp, check inside that X-can, is there any oil?

kryptonite

Piranha2 said:
And Kryp, check inside that X-can, is there any oil?
i pulled it apart before my gear test to re-tighten the bolts(damn things don't stay tight) and its completly back and a mess inside, but nothing realy comes out on the inside of the shell. neither rigs blow smoke either.

Piranha2

Contributor
WELL, must be that "port" job, and my gears were great when I was running in the 32F weather! I know I'll have a ported motor some day, just don't know if I'll go with a headkit or complete motor????????

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts