• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stiffen suspension

Dieselaw

I read through some posts to try and find my answer and never really did. So....i want to adjust the stiffness of the shocks on my redcat chimer. I am just not sure if i need new shocks or if i can increase stiffness with different shock oil. Im just starting to look into this so any tips will be appreciated. Thx!

FMcamaroZ28

you can tighten down the preload collar for some stiffness - but you will still bottom out on big jumps.

Heavier shock oil will definitely do the trick. I run 50wt in mine and wish it was stiffer on the big jumps.

Silent_chaos

You need heavier oil. Try using 35wt.

I don't like very heavy, too heavy and you'll break your shocks. And from my experience, heavy oil will turn the car into more onroad.

The shock's aim is to absorb the impact as much as possible without damaging your car. 40 wt on the xb with MT shocks was undrivable on a bumpy terrain.

Changed to 30et at the moment, and I think it is best all around

Silent_chaos

Baja springs for the rear come in as double springs(tall and short) you install them on top of each other.

The front springs come in as one.

There are literally many combos you can choose from.

You can run front soft on front and front hard on rear

Front soft on front and rear hard on rear, etc..

DDM has a lot to choose from

See here: http://www.davesmotors.com/Search-Page/?search=spring

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts